VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 264 11
- Tax return software for remote working 417 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 414 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 751 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 375 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 425 9
- How to purchase business premises? 103 2
- Will I need to resign? 760 10
- Childcare vouchers 108 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 257 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 285 6
- VAT avoidance? 190 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 162 3
- PAYE coding out 148 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 443 12
- TheTax Donut 1,135 1
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 702 10
- How to explain this to someone 411 2
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 429
- corporate hierarchy 411
- Advice - 239
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 209
- Amortisation of Goodwill 207
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 187
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 169