VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- S162 and Capital Allowances 121 2
- Director leaving in month 1 93 2
- Ex Gratia payments 61 1
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 233 3
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 133 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 180 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 178 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 164 4
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 174 6
- IHT - clawback of BPR 42 1
- EIS - connection through employment 92 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 240 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 46 1
- CIS and Close Company 86 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 224 4
- Secondment expenses 152 3
- VAT Option to tax 442 15
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 131 4
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 117 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 138 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 906
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 637
- Free Tax Legislation? 401
- Director Loan account operation 396
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 330
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 318
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 222
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 182