VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Self-assessment statistics 2,474 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 222 5
- Transmission of ISA 51 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 194 2
- Next Move 716 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 193 2
- Not renewing AAT 677 9
- CGT of shares gifted 383 6
- New dividend taxation 510 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,801 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 168 1
- Company car v company allowance 295 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 438 9
- Company formation and bank account 446 9
- Owning overseas property 357 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 289 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 743 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 291 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 668
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 322
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- Costly Accounting Software contract 214
- DTA tie-breaker issue 212