VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Telephone call from "Xero" 411 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 110 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,167 46
- dividend 143 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 110 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 251 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 170 3
- Irish Taxation 138 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 306 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 511 6
- Drector renting room to company 93 1
- Off site storage 150 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 599 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 248 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 349 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 237 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 329 4
- Self assesment losses 323 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 175 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 187 1
- Xtuple 564
- Qtac payroll for bureau 387
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 342
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 208
- Investment 205
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 181
- Tax on damages received 180
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 150