VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 546 5
- See you all on the other side 650 6
- 12Pay 385 2
- dividends 531 2
- R&D 291 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,141 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 427 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 370 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 339 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 524 5
- Seeking a tax case 609 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 465 4
- Companies house strike off 479 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 387 2
- Moving to the cloud 717 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 868 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,077 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 469 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 548
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 414
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 365
- IRIS and FRS 102 348
- Capitalising Finance Lease 313
- USA help 310
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 290
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 256
- Marginal rates of tax 241