VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- What do your junior staff do? 445 6
- Overlap profit 252 5
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 574 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 322 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 491 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 103 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,877 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 265 3
- Payments on account 101 1
- On the high seas 89 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 129 2
- RTI Payroll ID 980 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 850 34
- Payroll question 127 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,858 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 259 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 216 3
- Goodwill On Incorporation 156 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 188 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 346 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 840
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 336
- How do you do it 330
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 286
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 202
- Fit for purpose 197
- new investor structure 194
- VAT Registration 177