VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Coming in from the cold 301 3
- Splitting the tax year 150 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 180 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 159 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 104 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 199 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 254 8
- Director's tax return 328 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 106 1
- Sage Payroll 313 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 206 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,066 33
- vat return 262 3
- Flat rate vat 150 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 164 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 240 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 163 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 425
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 303
- Free Tax Legislation? 272
- Director Loan account operation 253
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 251
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 245
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 165