VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 133 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 136 3
- Capital Gain? 515 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 233 5
- Sell business after leaving country 141 2
- How much to charge? 255 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 183 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 639 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 245 2
- break even point 596 18
- Simple consolidation question 130 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 394 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,002 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 407 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 208 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 297 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 186 4
- IHT Query 255 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 701 22
- Possible Partnership? 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 235
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 222
- New Fangled Penalties 221
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 216
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 188
- Loans to other companies 169