VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 116 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 115 1
- Instant CPD offer 279 4
- Cash basis 513 13
- Income from rent charged to business 119 2
- payroll software 364 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 435 5
- Statutory sick pay 306 4
- Dividend in specie 367 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 220 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 174 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 269 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 164 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 381 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,854 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 332 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 255 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 106 1
- Skandia using wrong address 571
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 250
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 227
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 152
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130