VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 1,518 14
- IHT dilemma 1,230 18
- Aweb tracking ... 158 3
- PAYE 1,137 16
- Entrepreneurs Relief 530 24
- Self Assessment - Declaring Pension Lump Sum on Tax Return 69 1
- How to filter to show only rows with 'Total' in description? 156 2
- Gifts from limited companies 137 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 349 8
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 330 2
- VAT 82 1
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 100 1
- RTI overpayments gap 224 3
- Can a once active Limited company become dormant? 194 5
- Sage payroll alternatives 547 11
- Call Centre Data Costs 274 1
- Authorised share capital 129 4
- international employer please help!! 183 4
- Capital gain? 294 6
- RTI - Petition to move filing to 19th of month 219 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,119
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 785
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 471
- Digita Hosted Software 301
- Credit where credit's due....... 240
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 215
- Director phone costs 191
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 166
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 165
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 144