VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 223 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 91 2
- Non VAT invoices 95 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 235 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 83 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,346 32
- Fees 90 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 231 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 170 2
- Form 17 Download 87 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 533 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 365 4
- HMRC Information notice 982 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 264 3
- Accountant Specialization. 369 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,742 42
- Sage Line 50 167 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 173 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 440 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 388 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 751
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 410
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 297
- S222 Charge 243
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 202
- IP trans to holding company 192
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 173
- AIA 172