VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Drop Down Boxes 212 3
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 986 30
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 124 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 567 8
- help needed with rti paye please 121 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 839 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 405 11
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,604 503
- Can't read my handwriting 795 19
- Undeclared rental income 398 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 327 7
- Sick pay 236 6
- Directors self assessment 160 2
- Employer's Helpline 217 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 113 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 189 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,765 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,090 8
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 142 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 318 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,411
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 539
- National Insurance 439
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 259
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 250
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 166
- Umbrella pay services 144
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 123
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121