VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 145 4
- CIC Company 520 7
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,336 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 282 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 865 18
- NALS Accountants Report 113 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,478 35
- Legal title not in the company name 286 10
- Dividend dates 571 10
- Sole properietor 192 4
- transitioning payroll 248 8
- dividend proposals 126 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 243 2
- Deduction from Salary 306 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 207 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,741 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 95 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 440 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 163 2
- 12 Pay Problems 258 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 624
- Cancelled 364
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 312
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 274
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 232
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 231
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 204
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 176