VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 185 6
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 299 8
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 650 8
- Who can I refer leads to? 209 4
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 624 14
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 86 1
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 109 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 646 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 466 5
- SA tax assessments 155 2
- Director self assessment 389 16
- Sage Import Data 168 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 231 2
- Dividend Vouchers 267 4
- Engagement letter 190 4
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 198 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 172 3
- How do you account in the VAT return for 285 4
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 106 2
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 193 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 423
- CTA study material 388
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 284
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 265
- Pre incorp expenses 238
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 214
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 207
- Slight twist on employment related securities 193
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 137
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 136