VAT implications on motor car conversion
Managing Director purchases old Renault 18 and pays third party to convert this to a 'Lamborghini'. Reclaims, in full, the input VAT through the company. Conversion costs of the order of £25K+.
On completion, MD usues the vehicle for minimal business use but insists on claiming relief on all running expenses.
In addition to VAT Fuel Scale Charges and IT Benefit implications, we believe that there is, potentially, a recovery of VAT on the vehicle when complete by reference to the market value of the converted vehicle on completion.
Robert Clubb & Co.
Has anyone any previous experience of similar cases?
Does Schedule 5 apply to these circumstances?
Robert Clubb & Co.
- Cash in Hand 146 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 181 5
- are receipts needed? 632 17
- SA302's anyone?? 614 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 331 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 125 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 351 12
- Busines software 160 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 195 6
- Converting a barn for business use 187 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 313 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 317 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 483 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 322 3
- Bookkeping software 731 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 274 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 660 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 274 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 129 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 325
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 185
- P11D benefit received by widow 164
- EXACT ONLINE 158
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 158