VAT man Disagreement regarding VAT Invoice
My client is a second hand car dealer, and within a couple of month's of registering for VAT has been pounced on by the VAT man, who paid him a lengthy visit to basically nit-pick. He failed to come up with anything substantial, however he decided to disallow several purchase invoices my client had included in his first VAT return.
The invoices are for Warranties on the cars and comply (to the best of my knowledge) with the guidelines for an acceptable VAT invoice. There is a tax point date, the VAT registration number is shown, the VAT is split out, it says INVOICE/RECEIPT at the top and has an Invoice/Receipt number. When my client queried this with his supplier, he said that he provides exactly the same format invoice to all of his customers, most of whom are in the motor trade and they have not had any issues.
Is anyone aware of any reason why these invoices might not have been acceptable to the VAT man?
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- last minute request 359 4
- Xerocon 2016 859 15
- 64-8's amazingly quick 78 3
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 277 3
- Personal Tax 310 9
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,214 46
- Practical experience 880 16
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,895 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 259 2
- Mortgage Reference 231 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 189 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 444 9
- VAT 313 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 257 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 237 1
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 85 1
- Cash gift from India 515 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 504 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 160 2