VAT man Disagreement regarding VAT Invoice
My client is a second hand car dealer, and within a couple of month's of registering for VAT has been pounced on by the VAT man, who paid him a lengthy visit to basically nit-pick. He failed to come up with anything substantial, however he decided to disallow several purchase invoices my client had included in his first VAT return.
The invoices are for Warranties on the cars and comply (to the best of my knowledge) with the guidelines for an acceptable VAT invoice. There is a tax point date, the VAT registration number is shown, the VAT is split out, it says INVOICE/RECEIPT at the top and has an Invoice/Receipt number. When my client queried this with his supplier, he said that he provides exactly the same format invoice to all of his customers, most of whom are in the motor trade and they have not had any issues.
Is anyone aware of any reason why these invoices might not have been acceptable to the VAT man?
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- Networking 242 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,187 33
- VAT refund 239 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 238 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 273 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 74 1
- incorrect old p60 492 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 312 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 205 2
- Turnover on a tax return 395 9
- IT Contractor 269 1
- Sage instant account codes 156 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 250 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 320 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,957 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 323 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 292 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 284 3
- Missing tax return 412 4
- Inflation and fees 1,428 24