VAT man Disagreement regarding VAT Invoice
My client is a second hand car dealer, and within a couple of month's of registering for VAT has been pounced on by the VAT man, who paid him a lengthy visit to basically nit-pick. He failed to come up with anything substantial, however he decided to disallow several purchase invoices my client had included in his first VAT return.
The invoices are for Warranties on the cars and comply (to the best of my knowledge) with the guidelines for an acceptable VAT invoice. There is a tax point date, the VAT registration number is shown, the VAT is split out, it says INVOICE/RECEIPT at the top and has an Invoice/Receipt number. When my client queried this with his supplier, he said that he provides exactly the same format invoice to all of his customers, most of whom are in the motor trade and they have not had any issues.
Is anyone aware of any reason why these invoices might not have been acceptable to the VAT man?
Any help would be very gratefully received.
- TaxCalc Accounts production 118 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 367 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 76 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 575 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 209 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 183 3
- Paper tax return 159 4
- Start up allowance? 384 12
- Will I need to resign? 208 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 248 3
- AIA or IFA 459 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 645 9
- Late Registration for VAT 365 11