VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Would this save hours of your time? 367 9
- Wrong career 423 18
- Laptop purchase 1,352 20
- PTP software disaster 221 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 156 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 203 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 90 2
- Director's tax return 193 3
- Tricky VAT question 138 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 102 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 230 6
- VT accounts licence key 235 5
- Weely paid employees 211 2
- Splitting the tax year 83 1
- FPS Submission 134 2
- Value pricing 638 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 205 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 129 1
- vat return 221 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 174 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 545
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- Director Loan account operation 234
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 232
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 228
- Paye procedures for CVA 159