VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Overseas bank interest 72 2
- Undeclared rental income 1,804 19
- Kasperskey - home pc 291 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 147 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 254 4
- Cash basis 227 7
- Statutory sick pay 104 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,878 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,213 12
- Lorry Drivers 345 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 230 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,528 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 120 1
- PRR 583 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 212 2
- Partially exempt? 316 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 258 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 583 4
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 250 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 212 4
- Skandia using wrong address 528
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 291
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- Employee rewards 277
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 250
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 242
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 231
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 139