VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- any implications of this type of transaction 63 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 22 1
- Does IR35 apply? 83 1
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 95 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,691 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 102 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 291 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,033 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 266 7
- Sage data 108 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 363 6
- Funding Circle experience 160 3
- Excel query 126 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,299 13
- Payment on account penalties 135 3
- Tax on free shares 149 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 210 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 129 1
- Audit 493 14
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 498
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 324
- AIM Stocks and IHT 312
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 284
- Expat pension contributions? 282
- Trust for Employee 257
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 234
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161