VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Mortgage Reference 843 12
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 189 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 118 2
- property capital gains 393 4
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 82 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 117 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 275 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 858 9
- Tips on meals 558 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,328 15
- S.455 Tax again 450 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 185 3
- Closing down loss-making company 793 15
- Stumped - IHT 611 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 156 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 497 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 413 14
- co-operatives & Societies 132 1
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,240 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,489 40