VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Sage Vat return box 2 317 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 420 7
- Holiday entitlement 564 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 170 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 412 12
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 330 7
- Spousal transfer and PPR 532 17
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 308 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 118 1
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 301 8
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 130 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,883 65
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 918 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 221 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 204 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 423 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 350 9
- Merging my businesses 180 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,744 73
- VAT on commercial property 181 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 787
- RTI - duplicate employee record 548
- Pensions Regulator 446
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 407
- Sanzar 310
- Portia ... Where art thou 296
- Digital marketing focus group 294
- How do you do it 286
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 266
- Report old income 241