VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 42 1
- Bank request To verify Accounts 152 2
- The stupidity continues 1,304 67
- AML report needed? 123 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 137 2
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 381 9
- Marketing and email surprises 443 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 761 26
- What is IRIS World like? 407 10
- transactions after account have been closed 299 9
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 316 5
- Mlom bollocks 230 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 97 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 584 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 301 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 276 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 163 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,371 25
- New Employers Helpline 229 4
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 442
- WIP Software 306
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 292
- No payroll scheme in place 240
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 235
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 210
- Small Part Disposal of Property 196
- Uncommercial property business 186