VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 98 2
- Accountants' Error 201 3
- Accountant Error 24 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,104 17
- Entrepreneur's relief and LLPs 47 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 287 2
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 88 2
- Companies House Abbreviated Accounts 380 5
- Deferral relief 53 1
- Wear and tear allowance 356 5
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 629 25
- HMRC Enquiry 485 3
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 208 2
- Share swap 102 1
- Cashback 324 2
- another ir35!!!! 213 2
- Settlement, or any other issues? 86 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 100 3
- Buying blocks of fees 386 2
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 276 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,430
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 737
- Any views 677
- HMRC Employers Diary 506
- International interest certificate 414
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 376
- Sale of business 330
- NOVA 237
- Advertising services? 231
- IRIS Open Books problem 224