VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Tax Avoidance 155 1
- When to include value of import in Box 7 86 2
- sole trader accountant 838 15
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 451 10
- CGT 166 2
- do i have to register new ltd practice as tax agent? 93 1
- international employer please help!! 60 1
- Sage payroll alternatives 394 4
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 174 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 334 7
- Capital gain? 126 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,292 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 285 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 358 8
- vat help for catering concession 285 10
- IHT dilemma 1,165 17
- Tax return software for remote working 241 3
- CGT 344 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 330 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 114 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,090
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 782
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 467
- Digita Hosted Software 283
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 231
- Credit where credit's due....... 228
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 211
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 193
- Director phone costs 158