VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Anybody taken part in the Growth Voucher Scheme? 245 8
- How much did you pay for your website 1,016 21
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 356 11
- Benefit fraud 3,286 46
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 305 10
- Should I continue with the ACA? 280 6
- Dispensing with accounting periods, with nested ledgers. 92 1
- Intangble Assets 94 1
- Foreign Premium Distributions 195 4
- Companies House 655 5
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 274 4
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 302 11
- RTI Penalties 161 1
- How to delete of a password protected company? 111 2
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 194 5
- FRS percentage 122 2
- Subsidiary exemption from audit via parent guarantee 98 1
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 265 5
- Gross Profit Percentage 572 11
- Companies House 481 8
- CTA study material 634
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 384
- Employment related securities question 235
- ATED Penalties 207
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 205
- AIM Stocks and IHT 184
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 151
- Expat pension contributions? 141
- Trust for Employee 135
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 127