VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 216 9
- VAT Invoice 168 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 368 6
- General tax book with planning 175 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,243 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 297 11
- Gift of property & improvements 129 2
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 811 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 134 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 236 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 166 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 467 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 388 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 265 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 202 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 263 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 173 4
- SA302's anyone?? 546 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,653 41
- Renting for military reasons 204 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,621
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 512
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 299
- Management expenses for investment company 265
- Bonus Bonds 262
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 175
- tax on apprenticeship income 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 153