VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Company struck off 90 4
- Employment Allowance 361 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 132 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 405 8
- West Bromich Albion 321 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 340 10
- What are options for non CA firm 2,867 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 383 10
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 253 7
- Do I need a smartphone? 94 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,266 45
- 27,000 Really? 1,194 38
- Legal title not in the company name 813 23
- Opening Balances 224 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 607 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 161 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 117 1
- This is getting boring 639 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 282 7
- pension paid by company? 142 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 645
- Cancelled 399
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 293
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 260
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225