VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Mortgage deposit Gift 471 22
- Were you asked to pay to sign off your ACCA PCTR by your Principle? 132 2
- Company Accounts 221 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,260 345
- Shadow director or alternative? 485 5
- 100% Xero practice 2,156 37
- Umbrella Company 171 3
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 174 1
- Vat treatment of charity business income 138 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 925 18
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 202 6
- Donations (to a school!) 452 11
- Vat on Royalites 93 1
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 456 24
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 89 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 179 5
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 199 3
- property rental income split 265 3
- Does my client qualify for CGT Loss? 172 1
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 114 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,189
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 311
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 261
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 239
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 226
- Franchise income and costs 205
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 180