VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 522 7
- Resigning as only director 1,030 9
- What's the plural? 490 11
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,760 45
- Mathematical conundrum on loan repayments 451 5
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 263 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,229 26
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 158 10
- Loan interest rental property 91 2
- Opinions and advice needed 117 3
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 59 1
- Accounting Crew 565 12
- Complete business outside UK 59 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 329 15
- Goodwill receipt 303 7
- Sage training course 275 8
- Self Employed travel 283 6
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 417 9
- hourly rate for employee compared with freelancer 214 3
- Overdue VAT returns 282 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 564
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 420
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 321
- IFA incorporation 291
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 282
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 275
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 242
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 230
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 211
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 198