VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,236 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 35 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 182 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 194 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 325 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 82 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 300 7
- Family Partnership 295 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 203 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 204 6
- Business trips - director and family 427 3
- Signed accounts for bank 673 15
- flat rate scheme 2,391 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 333 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 209 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 108 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 873 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 220 5
- VAT Query on new build 133 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 129 1