VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Interprise software 69 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 498 19
- Charity accounting 258 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 72 1
- sage 98 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 151 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,049 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 202 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 118 1
- FBI2 198 3
- Double entry 164 4
- Companies House 136 3
- Small house in garden 143 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 137 2
- Clients 918 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 286 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 144 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 273 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 310 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 128 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 537
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 468
- EPS and CIS deductions 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 310
- Construction CIS LLP Company 300
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 295
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 262
- Overdrawn director account 217
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 204
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 199