VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- What sectors to target? 347 15
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 858 39
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 166 4
- Journals to Creditors Control 40 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,254 39
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 447 16
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,137 105
- Refusing to complete a tax return 474 11
- Repayment of maternity pay 106 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 152 9
- Duplicate emails from AWeb 133 10
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 850 16
- Self assesment online 561 7
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 245 6
- Practice management 248 4
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 461 6
- More NI or same 145 1
- Simplified use of home - contradiction 266 4
- maternity allowance for self employed individual 176 1
- Year end 133 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 911
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 627
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 587
- Latest phishing scam 555
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 384
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 288
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 211
- Capital allowances in first basis period 198
- Scratch Head 196
- Sabbatical payments 184