VAT Margin Scheme and Exempt Suppliers
I have a question I have been googling for weeks now.
VAT MArgin Scheme - As we now have started purchasing goods in order to refurbish and sell back to consumer these items fall under VAT MArgin Scheme (Second Hand consumer goods), i.e bought unit for £100 sold for £200 exc VAT, VAT is now only applicable on Difference between Purchase and Sale Price.
The issue is how to incorporate these Sales within our Sage Accounts PAckage. Currently devised excel spreadhseet to manage the stock. Stock is also included within Sage as well. How are these transaction incorporated into Sage so VAT is included correctly.
Also querying concerns baout buying goods form companies exempt from VAT due to item sbeing shipped in from JErsey, Guernsey etc. We purchased over 100 units at £4 and each was sold for £12. These figures were includes on SOP and POP within Sage and VAT accountable on £12 for each unit. VAT not reclaimed bevacuse tax code was T0.
In instances such as this as goods aren't Second Hand they just are exempt Form VAT becuase of location goods are shipped from, can these trascations be included in MArgin Scheme due to no VAT being included in original purchase.
Anyone give me some pointers, much appreciated
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,066 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 433 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 216 6
- VAT silly question 2,265 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 169 6
- Classic cars investment 155 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 251 3
- Cater Allen Commission 133 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 249 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 728 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 125 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 78 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 125 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 135 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 504 13
- Sage at it again? 372 5
- BrightPay 514 13
- Is this a scam? 1,609 27
- S455 463 21
- client issues 341 4
- Benchmarking 473
- Possible Partnership? 419
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 391
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 334
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 198
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 181
- Income tax on foreign dividends 175
- Clubs and Taxable Income 173
- Late reply from HMRC 170