VAT performance bond
I have a client who has had to close down his previous business due to cashflow issues from the loss of a major customer last year and also a change to payment terms from another customer. The business could trade profitably now, but the previous debts are not servicable (HMRC would not negotiate much with payment plans) and the client has exhausted their personal funds. The amount owing to HMRC was approximately £80K.
The client has set up a new business and purchased the trade and assets, transfered the employees etc from the liquidators and is starting again. A common scenario for many I'm sure. So following the VAT registration, the client has been asked to provide a bond of circa £40K. This is simply not affordable for the client.
Has anyone been in this situation and managed to reverse the decision via a letter of explanation and recent management accounts .
Thanks in advance.
- Xerocon 2016 1,011 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 220 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 231 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 587 12
- Personal Tax 486 11
- USA Tax Query 159 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 280 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 598 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 348 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 406 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 170 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 323 4
- last minute request 510 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46