VAT refund withheld
My company recently purchased 75% of a company coming out of administration. We have submitted returns from when we took over control and paid the money due as required. The last two returns should have been repayments to us - however Customs and excise are not paying the money. They claim that two returns, which were during the period that the company was in administration, have not been filed and that no money will be paid until this is rectified.
Are thay allowed to do this? What can I do to recover the money? Currently we will be expecting a further refund of VAT on the next return as well.
Thank you for all answers/advice.
- flat rate scheme 821 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 580 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 114 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 240 1
- CIS online 161 3
- Class IV NIC 171 3
- bookkeeping system 200 4
- Company van paid by director 111 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,569 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 253 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 136 3
- Private company division 105 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 307 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 641 7
- Split year treatment ? 123 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 281 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 111 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 254 3
- Special dividends & CGT 313 2