VAT refund withheld
My company recently purchased 75% of a company coming out of administration. We have submitted returns from when we took over control and paid the money due as required. The last two returns should have been repayments to us - however Customs and excise are not paying the money. They claim that two returns, which were during the period that the company was in administration, have not been filed and that no money will be paid until this is rectified.
Are thay allowed to do this? What can I do to recover the money? Currently we will be expecting a further refund of VAT on the next return as well.
Thank you for all answers/advice.
- Tips on meals 150 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 509 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 135 3
- Personal Tax 720 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 148 2
- Stumped - IHT 111 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 406 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 470 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 120 1
- property capital gains 124 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 384 7
- CGT and primary residence 164 1
- Marriage Allowance 259 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,149 12
- S455 and February year ends 317 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 886 18
- Closing down loss-making company 453 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3