My client has a sole trader business and prepares VAT returns.
He has just bought a second business (also a sole trader) and this will need to register from day one due to the previous owners high turnover.
Does my client send in another VAT registration form to get a new number or just advise the VAT office of the additional activities (unrelated) and put the figures on the other return?
One further issue is that the original business may be sold (and if so it would be before 5 April 2008).
- Retrospective VAT Query 69 2
- property capital gains 377 4
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 144 6
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 55 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 105 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 266 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 809 9
- Tips on meals 546 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,320 15
- S.455 Tax again 438 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 155 3
- Closing down loss-making company 786 15
- Stumped - IHT 604 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 136 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 492 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 401 14
- co-operatives & Societies 119 1
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,228 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,485 40
- Website Content 475 6