My client has a sole trader business and prepares VAT returns.
He has just bought a second business (also a sole trader) and this will need to register from day one due to the previous owners high turnover.
Does my client send in another VAT registration form to get a new number or just advise the VAT office of the additional activities (unrelated) and put the figures on the other return?
One further issue is that the original business may be sold (and if so it would be before 5 April 2008).
- TaxCalc Accounts production 117 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 367 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 75 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 574 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 209 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 182 3
- Paper tax return 158 4
- Start up allowance? 384 12
- Will I need to resign? 207 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 248 3
- AIA or IFA 459 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 645 9
- Late Registration for VAT 365 11