My client has a sole trader business and prepares VAT returns.
He has just bought a second business (also a sole trader) and this will need to register from day one due to the previous owners high turnover.
Does my client send in another VAT registration form to get a new number or just advise the VAT office of the additional activities (unrelated) and put the figures on the other return?
One further issue is that the original business may be sold (and if so it would be before 5 April 2008).
- flat rate scheme 825 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 585 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 115 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 243 1
- CIS online 162 3
- Class IV NIC 171 3
- bookkeeping system 204 4
- Company van paid by director 112 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,570 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 253 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 136 3
- Private company division 105 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 307 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 643 7
- Split year treatment ? 124 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 281 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 111 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 210 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 254 3
- Special dividends & CGT 313 2