VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Unpaid Fee's 425 8
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 271 12
- IHT on offshore settlement 106 1
- Subcontracting accountancy work 97 2
- Client information from previous accountant 245 5
- Tax and NI on payment to overseas employee 177 2
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 310 10
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 199 9
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 246 5
- Corporation Tax DTR 921 9
- PAYE NI 193 4
- break even point 1,038 31
- Tasbook email configuration 213 3
- VAT flat rate scheme 221 3
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 245 4
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 133 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 407 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 232 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,695 31
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 166 1
- Possible Partnership? 519
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 499
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 470
- New Fangled Penalties 314
- Clubs and Taxable Income 264
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 261
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 258
- Loans to other companies 198
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 173
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 163