VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Mortgage Adviser's request 122 4
- CGT on spouse's death 69 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 378 8
- Payroll software 168 4
- Company UTR numbers 286 6
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 344 9
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 636 30
- Starting Again 110 1
- Summer house for business only 56 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 84 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 548 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 120 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 111 3
- How do you count your clients 394 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 146 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 107 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 465 9
- Property Expenses 114 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 151 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 739 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 588
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 576
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 374
- Pensions Regulator 344
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 277
- Government Gateway - VAT 271
- Using the correct forms 259
- SA penalty proposals 243
- RTI - duplicate employee record 230
- Accelerated payment notices 224