VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 774 19
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 932 53
- Go Cardless 242 8
- business entertaining deductibility 98 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 92 2
- R & D 93 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 214 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 62 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 100 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 133 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 118 1
- New Business Registration 206 5
- Audit rules 132 3
- Hosted email exchange 118 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 137 1
- G P life time allowance 107 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 364 11
- Bringing money to Uk 209 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 123 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 107 2
- Xtuple 499
- Qtac payroll for bureau 332
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 276
- Industrial & Provident Societies 273
- Mehjoo 217
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 215
- New strategic report 168
- Domain name sale and limited company 154
- South African Government Pension 148
- CIS schemes 143