VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- NALS Accountants Report 78 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,451 35
- Legal title not in the company name 245 10
- Dividend dates 546 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 105 3
- Sole properietor 147 4
- transitioning payroll 219 8
- dividend proposals 82 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 218 2
- Deduction from Salary 281 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 174 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,703 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 77 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 430 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 155 2
- 12 Pay Problems 247 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 246 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 89 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 480 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 282
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 229
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 227
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175