VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 717 14
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 247 7
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 259 1
- Know it alls (who don't) 712 17
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,602 51
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 632 21
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 178 3
- Incorporation with pending court case 113 2
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 352 17
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 137 3
- VAT on motor expenses 969 36
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 517 11
- Machine games duty in quickbooks 96 3
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 250 4
- Share swap 453 17
- CIS Deductions 147 6
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,850 28
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 468 14
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 866 17
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 185 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,567
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 865
- International interest certificate 477
- NOVA 333
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 243
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 220
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 211
- Help with tax codes on Sage 165
- Capital reduction 156