VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Virtually Impossible 181 5
- Transfer of stock 22 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 33 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 256 5
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,065 8
- Newly Started Practice 547 12
- SSP days and Holidays 115 2
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 492 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 326 7
- error on companies house accounts 501 14
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,505 113
- Is there a reporting requirement? 132 1
- Clients 379 6
- Home to Office 250 5
- Investment property? 174 3
- Property income 146 2
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 100 3
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 232 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 166 2
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 213 4
- QROP pension input amounts 485
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 459
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 427
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- EPS and CIS deductions 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 256
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 222
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 182
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174