VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 143 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 175 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,216 35
- Mortgage Reference 529 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 230 7
- Insovent companies 881 19
- New Build 188 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,294 48
- BrightPay quirks 202 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 804 20
- Website Content 158 1
- Personal Tax 628 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 177 1
- USA Tax Query 301 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 437 5
- last minute request 653 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 350 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 387 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,739 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6