VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,563 45
- Owning overseas property 263 2
- Next Move 561 16
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 259 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 170 3
- Company formation and bank account 295 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 661 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 564 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 402 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 209 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 396 8
- OneNote is fantastic 512 11
- VAT Direct Debit 365 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 446 8
- Self Assessment Software 689 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 438 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,359 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 276 11
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 371 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 659
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 402
- Property letting & CAs 392
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 385
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 340
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 283
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230
- DTA tie-breaker issue 202
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 199