VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 56 1
- AIA/Capital Allowances 117 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 161 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,631 23
- International VAT 72 2
- RTI and Advances to Employees 312 6
- CTA 167 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 586 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 687 21
- Insurance payout 90 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 520 11
- RTI / P11d 147 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,095 21
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 269 9
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 368 3
- No more tax returns... 1,192 11
- Company Share Buy Back 282 7
- Sage 200 question 183 3
- P11d query 196 3
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 354 5