VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 19 1
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 533 14
- Top slicing relief question no 2 104 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 605 10
- Share swap 227 5
- Recording VAT refund and payment on Sage 50 17 1
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,694 27
- Director's minimum wage? 194 4
- Advertising services? 292 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 306 4
- Maternity Pay 80 1
- Was I rude 439 14
- Surcharges on very late VAT 112 1
- Invoice factoring 246 8
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 349 9
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 196 2
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 134 2
- Work in progress calculation 122 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 947 29
- Help with share restructuring 103 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,471
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 797
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 435
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 407
- Sale of business 375
- NOVA 276
- IRIS Open Books problem 270
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 184
- Expenses claim for non employee 177