VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- How to complain about HMRC 709 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 313 8
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 56 2
- Dress code 1,107 25
- Scottish Independance 357 12
- NOMINAL CODES 297 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 135 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 668 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 649 17
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 275 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 209 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 356 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 421 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 85 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 239 1
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 329 12
- How much did you pay for your website 1,595 27
- Dividend 418 6
- FRS and Debtors 234 2
- What's in a name ? 627 6
- CTA study material 743
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 460
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 330
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 272
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 242
- Expat pension contributions? 233
- Trust for Employee 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 128