VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 321 5
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 72 4
- Growing pains 211 3
- Unfurnished properties allowable replacement expenditure 77 2
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 105 3
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 651 28
- Capital or revenue expense? 34 1
- Capital or revenue expense? 44 1
- VAT on land sale 263 8
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,734 25
- NOMINAL CODES 134 2
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 511 8
- Gift to employee 170 3
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 364 10
- Who can I refer leads to? 425 9
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 189 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 133 3
- UK company to be a foreign entity 99 1
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 141 4
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 170 3
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 439
- CTA study material 397
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 256
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 232
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 224
- Slight twist on employment related securities 201
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 165
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 151