VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 21 2
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 293 6
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 30 1
- Benefit in kind but no salary 297 6
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 215 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 209 3
- Pension Fund Audit for HMRC form APSS106 - suggested program? 74 3
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 129 2
- CGT on transfer of property 363 20
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,201 23
- Advisory Fuel Rates 113 5
- The stupidity continues 2,546 102
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,531 28
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 77 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 154 1
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 212 8
- Excel file Corrupted 184 3
- Ishares Ftse 100 (ETF) -Ireland 124 1
- Marketing and email surprises 533 10
- Cis refund for company 192 3
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 464
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 456
- WIP Software 323
- No payroll scheme in place 267
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 238
- Is there anything wrong with this? 236
- Small Part Disposal of Property 212
- Uncommercial property business 209
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 178
- SA Penalty 173