VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- Related party disclosures 17 1
- Loan from one LTD co. to another LTd Co. 20 1
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 127 2
- Free Shares ? 20 1
- monthly payments 129 2
- Errors in prior year accounts 378 9
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 183 3
- Coding notices post P11d 1,898 16
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 541 15
- Tick & Bash Bristol 417 7
- IFA incorporation 354 1
- VAT on Training Courses 185 5
- Consolidated Accounts Software 165 2
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 622 26
- Peer to Peer lending 246 6
- Client Death 280 3
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 131 2
- Fixed Assets 320 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 254 12
- Tax position re this lease? 202 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 588
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 457
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 359
- Sorry ignore me 332
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 286
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 282
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 267
- Cancelled 210
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 181
- Cancelled 180