VAT On Rent
I operate a small company and my wife operates another. We each prepare the books and records for our own business and we are careful about doing things in the right way.
My company is VAT registered and rents premises from a landlord who charges me rent in the normal way. £1000+ VAT per month
My wife's business is VAT exempt.
It is my intention to let her use some of my premises for her business and to charge her a rent of £200 + VAT for the space.
Can anyone help with this?
Are there any rules about this situation that I should be aware of?
What about common costs like rates & power etc.
Thanks for you help in advance because if I get this wrong I'll never hear the end of it!
- signature required 421 19
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 70 5
- Settlement discount 25 2
- CT600 28 1
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 147 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 83 2
- Pratice Management Software 35 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 181 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 101 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 174 2
- Homing sandwiches 354 9
- Related Party Transactions 98 2
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 149 4
- UK resident receiving USA pension 71 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 454 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 750 13
- More AE! 757 17
- Web sites 240 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 597 13
- Dispensation 175 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,229
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 510
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 187
- TheTax Donut 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155