VAT on sale of Ex-Fleet Caravan
Quick question. I have a client who operates a caravan park. They bought a new caravan to hire out. The caravan was let out to random people for say 2 years. They now want to sell it on. How do I account for VAT on that sale?
Am I right that it's now a used caravan and therefore apply the 7/407 ratio as I do with other used caravans that they sell?
Does the fact that the caravan had been capitalised on their balance sheet make any difference to the VAT calculation?
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Missing tax return 322 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 294 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 119 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,043 30
- Inflation and fees 1,366 24
- Sage Priority Support 167 3
- incorrect old p60 302 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 183 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 822 24
- Micro-entity accounts 202 1
- Related party disclosure 200 3
- Company reconstruction 131 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 230 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 141 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 168 1
- Advice please! 409 2
- VAT on new builds 184 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 143 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 383 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,989 28