VAT on sale of Ex-Fleet Caravan
Quick question. I have a client who operates a caravan park. They bought a new caravan to hire out. The caravan was let out to random people for say 2 years. They now want to sell it on. How do I account for VAT on that sale?
Am I right that it's now a used caravan and therefore apply the 7/407 ratio as I do with other used caravans that they sell?
Does the fact that the caravan had been capitalised on their balance sheet make any difference to the VAT calculation?
Thanks in advance for your help.
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 100 1
- Stumped - IHT 83 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 396 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 462 11
- Tips on meals 122 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,275 33
- Credit management tools 98 1
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 104 2
- property capital gains 101 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 765 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 366 7
- CGT and primary residence 148 1
- Marriage Allowance 242 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,141 12
- S455 and February year ends 302 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 873 18
- Closing down loss-making company 441 5
- S.455 Tax again 283 3
- New Build 337 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 375 4