Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Tax Allowance on University Course 284 2
- MS Surface Pro 3 240 5
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 167 3
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 113 2
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 2,033 28
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 314 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 682 21
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 587 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 677 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,269 45
- practice planning 227 3
- Accounts Software 752 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 511 14
- Dividend Vouchers 406 5
- Gift to employee 437 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 192 3
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,147 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 219 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 178 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,703 10
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 501
- CTA study material 475
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 349
- Pre incorp expenses 339
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 282
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 275
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 221
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 178
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 152
- Employment related securities question 138