Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 244 14
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 158 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 220 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 155 1
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 324 11
- tax insider 269 4
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 405 13
- Auto-Enrolment 170 3
- Annual subs 142 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 132 2
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 161 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 134 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 187 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 317 5
- Problems filing paper copies of accounts / computations with HMRC 484 9
- Payroll Manager not reoprting properly 302 7
- Directors remuneration declared after year end PAYE/NIC 596 25
- Advice please on best way forward 418 6
- I received penalty as I didn't submit full payment submission (fps), how to correct it? 318 2
- Related party loan write-off - justification for treatment 360 7
- Skandia using wrong address 1,400
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 719
- Any views 657
- HMRC Employers Diary 489
- International interest certificate 408
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 363
- Sale of business 307
- NOVA 220
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 215
- Advertising services? 214