Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Can I pay into a pension? 192 5
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 1,032 18
- Summer festivals! 228 6
- Overlap profit 363 8
- VAT on Security Services to Foreign Companies. 90 3
- NHS England and the Off Payroll Worker Team 145 3
- Do accountants work at home? 653 13
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 337 5
- The Accountancy Party: What’s in your manifesto? 191 4
- Personal Expenses 225 5
- Furnished Holiday Lets & VAT 156 6
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 474 10
- Accountants Qualifications 321 3
- SPORTS SUPPLEMENTS 93 1
- US Company charging VAT. How to account 168 2
- PPR for transferee spouse 90 1
- Rogue Accountant 3,976 58
- Where has Portia gone? 6,259 120
- How to introduce funds in to a Limited by guarantee company 89 1
- ER Relief 122 2