Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 244 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 532 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 464 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 85 3
- Time recording 132 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 257 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 126 2
- Land Registry 268 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 966 13
- Auto Enrolment 670 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 804 19
- Company Number 10000000 389 4
- Advertising Tips? 314 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,517 29
- IR35 368 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 423 12
- Revenue phishing examples 251 1
- iris update 11.9.2 221 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 546 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 733
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 435
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 368
- Directors' advances and credits 285
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195