Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Closing my business down 70 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 839 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 268 6
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 262 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 191 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 94 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 586 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,240 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,466 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 187 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 99 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 286 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 86 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,092 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 411 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 150 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 219 3
- FPS or EPS 168 2
- Continuity of Practice 218 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 142 2
- Moving away from CCH software 953
- QROP pension input amounts 440
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 382
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 357
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 325
- fraud 284
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 259
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 228
- Construction CIS LLP Company 212
- EPS and CIS deductions 200