Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 122 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 328 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 212 3
- FreeAgent question 106 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 132 2
- CIS monthly returns 183 2
- Goodie bag 1,555 52
- Husband Wife let property 352 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 502 12
- Output tax for retailer 314 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 282 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 139 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 137 1
- CT600 Advice 139 1
- Fair Value Accounting 80 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 156 4
- can I approach clients ? 410 8
- Companies House Penalties 149 2
- Apostille documents 117 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 547 13
- Possible Partnership? 644
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 518
- New Fangled Penalties 448
- Fuming! 383
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 318
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 257
- Outsource Data Entry 242
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 236
- Moving away from CCH software 229
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 177