Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 162 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 131 1
- incorrect old p60 345 8
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,078 31
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 227 3
- Missing tax return 344 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 369 3
- Inflation and fees 1,381 24
- Sage Priority Support 175 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 199 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 830 24
- Micro-entity accounts 226 1
- Related party disclosure 206 3
- Company reconstruction 139 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 234 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 153 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 173 1
- Advice please! 419 2
- VAT on new builds 188 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 151 1