Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- UK company being asked for VAT number from French supplier 158 4
- Being sued due to monthly fees 885 19
- Reducing payments on account 91 4
- Property Rental Partnership? 30 1
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 678 18
- Employed General Practitioner moves to Practice 209 3
- Disclosure of dividends 283 11
- Self employed v Employed 148 1
- Non sequitur 1,354 14
- Helping client to buy business with property opted to tax. 243 7
- Why are HMRC SA statements so useless? 71 1
- Trust accounts - deficit on income account 394 15
- Do you have to claim PPR? 129 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 1,161 15
- equipment rental 557 27
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 200 1
- Potential client 182 2
- File naming best practice 364 12
- Vat Receipts 175 4
- Selling / Buying a limited company - impact on shares 79 1