Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 101 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 261 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 923 20
- Moneysoft Payroll 181 3
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 248 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 932 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 473 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 167 4
- Client right to working papers 1,544 11
- vat gross margins 190 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 209 4
- e mail 196 1
- Auto enrolment 580 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,356 6
- VAT on new build property 159 2
- Auto enrolment 300 9
- SAGE 50 2011 160 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,634 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,880 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 219 2
- NHS finance professionals 671
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 412
- Foreign Pension Contribution 381
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 368
- vat gross profit percentage margins 363
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 352
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 312
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 279
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 242
- IFA income recognition & reporting 214