Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Wrong career 421 18
- Would this save hours of your time? 359 8
- Laptop purchase 1,349 20
- PTP software disaster 218 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 154 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 198 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 88 2
- Director's tax return 191 3
- Tricky VAT question 131 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 98 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 227 6
- VT accounts licence key 233 5
- Weely paid employees 210 2
- Splitting the tax year 78 1
- FPS Submission 132 2
- Value pricing 637 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 204 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 127 1
- vat return 220 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 173 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 544
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 251
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 234
- Director Loan account operation 232
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 230
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 224
- Paye procedures for CVA 159