Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Deleted question? 729 19
- Accounts Question 94 4
- What are options for non CA firm 3,170 67
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,935 69
- MAAT vs ACCA 697 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,392 24
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,922 46
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 648 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 435 4
- VAT Return Errors 173 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 122 5
- inflation rate year on year 149 3
- Yorkshire Day 601 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 187 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 181 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 380 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 148 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 293 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 237 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 153 1
- Cancelled 469
- Cancelled 386
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 376
- Probiz 356
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 261
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 236
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 230
- More spam 183
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 152