Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- BTC is slow 250 3
- Voluntary Disclosure 179 2
- Director registration for SA question 444 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 173 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 319 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 494 22
- valuation of vehicles 400 16
- Business only use of company car 688 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 507 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 316 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 949 29
- New Company reviews please 542 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 308 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 255 2
- VAT with Russia 223 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 234 4
- Money Laundering Manual 304 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 249 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,121 29
- directors loan 360 8
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 298
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 244
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 238
- Any thoughts on Capium? 229
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 217
- auto enrolment 187
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 177
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 157
- How to account for investment in JV? 150
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 148