Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 384 5
- See you all on the other side 577 6
- 12Pay 292 2
- dividends 378 2
- R&D 221 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,089 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 381 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 282 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 243 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 471 5
- Seeking a tax case 515 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 376 4
- Companies house strike off 350 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 274 2
- Moving to the cloud 682 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 191 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 820 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 180 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,050 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 425 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 536
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 406
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 359
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 303
- USA help 299
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 272
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 261
- Capital gains on rental property 244
- Sage Coretime 225