Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 105 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 83 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 758 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 391 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,442 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 181 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 466 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 134 3
- What would you do in this situation? 205 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 154 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 623 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 654 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 112 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 355 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 254 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 225 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 424 6
- NOVA 559 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 288 10
- Regional Development Grant 137 4
- Bonus Bonds 396
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 386
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 299
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 263
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 196
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 191
- Company Car Lease 166
- Finance Lease 161
- Form 42 154
- Demerger Reserve 134