Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- VAT registration transfer 132 3
- Clothing 92 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 544 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 66 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 56 2
- Director drawings 361 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 315 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 71 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 98 6
- HMRC SA302s 181 3
- What does the "K" signify 401 7
- Director or self-employed 103 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 123 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 130 3
- What sectors to target? 180 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 107 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 239 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 94 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,869 40
- Interest Relief 165 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 901
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 604
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 574
- Latest phishing scam 527
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 340
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 279
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 181
- Sabbatical payments 172