Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 136 6
- Where do I declare dividends in HMRC's Computations software ? 79 2
- How to pay national insurance 454 14
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 83 1
- reduce rate VAT on conversion from 2 to 1 dwelling 90 2
- HMRC Email 267 5
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,872 21
- Employment status 169 3
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 154 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 973 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 329 4
- Overlap relief 625 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 142 3
- Ex-gratia payments 195 4
- HMRC & daft penalty 541 5
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,803 21
- Bumper Holiday Pay 189 2
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 252 12
- Government Gateway 1,075 17
- Intercompany advice 96 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 474
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 366
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 363
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 337
- Perkbox 303
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 288
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 263
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 257
- Document Management Systems 241
- WIP Software 223