Vat on stolen takings
Client called this morning to advise that her pub was broken into last week.
As it happens two days takings were stolen as well as the cash in the games machines.
The till receipts have also went missing and they can not provide evidence as to what the takings were for the two days, (they can of course make a best estimate).
Insurance policy is only paying out max £500 in total.
I have not came across this before, how should we account for the lost takings (if at all), in particular the vat element?
- Buy to let and capitak gain 174 5
- are receipts needed? 627 17
- SA302's anyone?? 611 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 329 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 117 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 348 12
- Cash in Hand 134 2
- Busines software 158 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 194 6
- Converting a barn for business use 185 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 310 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 315 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 482 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 316 3
- Bookkeping software 729 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 274 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 658 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 274 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 129 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 324
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 184
- P11D benefit received by widow 163
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 158
- EXACT ONLINE 158