VB code to make Digita backups manageable
Because Digita products do not produce separate data files, users are forced to use their own backup software, which automatically creates a new backup file on every run, increasing the size of the backup folder every night (for nightly backups). This causes me a problem in that my off-site backups grow massively every day, increasing my off-site storage costs and the time it takes the backup to run. I delete the old files when I remember, but it is a hassle to do it every day.
Someone has told me that it would only take about four lines of Visual Basic code to move the backup files to a separate folder, overwriting the previous day's backup, leaving a single file to be backed up for each programme, instead of one for every day.
Does anyone know how to do that?
- flat rate scheme 819 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 573 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 111 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 236 1
- CIS online 160 3
- Class IV NIC 167 3
- bookkeeping system 195 4
- Company van paid by director 109 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,566 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 253 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 132 3
- Private company division 99 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 304 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 639 7
- Split year treatment ? 120 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 278 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 109 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 209 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 250 3
- Special dividends & CGT 311 2