VB code to make Digita backups manageable
Because Digita products do not produce separate data files, users are forced to use their own backup software, which automatically creates a new backup file on every run, increasing the size of the backup folder every night (for nightly backups). This causes me a problem in that my off-site backups grow massively every day, increasing my off-site storage costs and the time it takes the backup to run. I delete the old files when I remember, but it is a hassle to do it every day.
Someone has told me that it would only take about four lines of Visual Basic code to move the backup files to a separate folder, overwriting the previous day's backup, leaving a single file to be backed up for each programme, instead of one for every day.
Does anyone know how to do that?
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 235 2
- Xerocon 2016 799 12
- Personal Tax 168 2
- Mortgage Reference 148 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,856 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 142 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,175 45
- Practical experience 846 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 429 9
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 202 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 162 1
- last minute request 268 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 497 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 80 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 445 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 114 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 264 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 664 6