Viruses, spam, spoofing and handheld devices
One of you wise people out there may have dealt with this already.
I have fairly recently acquired a blackberry which appears to be a relatively inexpensive and convenient way to pick up emails whilst away from the office without the hassle of plugging in the laptop.
Copy emails and non delivery notices make me suspect that my address is being spoofed and if you've received an email purporting to come from me promising to turn you into a world class stud or advertising improbably cheap watches, I apologise, it wasn't me honest.
I think the incidence of this problem has increased since the arrival of the blackberry and this got me thinking about spam - you can design filters of your own, but I don't think Mcafee do antispam for blackberry - and viruses - when you sync the blackberry and laptop, is there a risk of transmitting a virus? and if so, is there a greater or lesser threat than from regular emails and websites.
Is it a problem? Or do the tools we already have cope with it well enough?
- Accounting jobs in the UK 118 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 220 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 118 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 181 4
- CIS gross status review 79 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 117 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 338 6
- Flat rate vat error 231 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 114 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 135 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 64 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 126 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 349 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 604 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 260 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 601 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 197 4
- Charge out rates in London? 206 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 173 3
- pre letting expenses 154 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 747
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 478
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 294
- How to format a stock book 258
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 209
- Tax efficient holding company structure 197
- Investment property company accounts template 187
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 166
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 154