Waive Directors Loan credit balance
A director has a loan account showing £100k credit balance in his company.
The company is showing historical losses b/f although the company is in fact profitable.
The director believes the losses and his loan account were created by some creative accounting by his previous accountant.
He wishes to waive the amount owed to him as he does not believe the company actually owes him this money and the company is having problems obtaining credit with suppliers due to the negative balance sheet.
If the loan account is written off how is this treated in P&L?
What if any are the tax implications?
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 242 3
- Cocaine anyone? 77 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,455 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 797 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 422 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 237 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 306 11
- Tax return software for remote working 460 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 499 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 416 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 441 9
- How to purchase business premises? 142 2
- Will I need to resign? 806 10
- Childcare vouchers 158 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 271 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 295 6
- VAT avoidance? 219 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 182 3
- PAYE coding out 178 3
- Follower cases 573 2
- Hive up 469
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 436
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 214
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 202
- WWOOFers 197
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 178
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 176
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 175