Waive Directors Loan credit balance
A director has a loan account showing £100k credit balance in his company.
The company is showing historical losses b/f although the company is in fact profitable.
The director believes the losses and his loan account were created by some creative accounting by his previous accountant.
He wishes to waive the amount owed to him as he does not believe the company actually owes him this money and the company is having problems obtaining credit with suppliers due to the negative balance sheet.
If the loan account is written off how is this treated in P&L?
What if any are the tax implications?
- VAT on employee loan 279 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 939 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 92 2
- Accountants website 363 5
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 215 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 674 29
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 161 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 446 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 84 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 107 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 354 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,405 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 217 5
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 168 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 218 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 199 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 717 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 151 1
- Purchased Goodwill 160 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 92 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,082
- Moving away from CCH software 936
- QROP pension input amounts 427
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 372
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 344
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 312
- fraud 269
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 240
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 213
- Construction CIS LLP Company 191