Waive Directors Loan credit balance
A director has a loan account showing £100k credit balance in his company.
The company is showing historical losses b/f although the company is in fact profitable.
The director believes the losses and his loan account were created by some creative accounting by his previous accountant.
He wishes to waive the amount owed to him as he does not believe the company actually owes him this money and the company is having problems obtaining credit with suppliers due to the negative balance sheet.
If the loan account is written off how is this treated in P&L?
What if any are the tax implications?
- Childcare voucher schemes 65 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 108 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 118 3
- Director drawings 298 28
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 295 2
- What sectors to target? 160 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 71 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 235 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 81 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,858 40
- Interest Relief 159 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 502 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 47 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,586 54
- Rental losses 123 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,575 14
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 149 3
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 235 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 182 8
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 553 19
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 570
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 178
- Sabbatical payments 171