Waive Directors Loan credit balance
A director has a loan account showing £100k credit balance in his company.
The company is showing historical losses b/f although the company is in fact profitable.
The director believes the losses and his loan account were created by some creative accounting by his previous accountant.
He wishes to waive the amount owed to him as he does not believe the company actually owes him this money and the company is having problems obtaining credit with suppliers due to the negative balance sheet.
If the loan account is written off how is this treated in P&L?
What if any are the tax implications?
- Flowers sent to client - not a disallowable business gift? 180 4
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 232 6
- SIPP 30 2
- Auto-Enrolment 4,334 191
- When do RTI penalties start for micro employers 106 1
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 375 15
- VAT: Settlement Discounts and Output Value 69 1
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 133 2
- Rental income 222 3
- Cash basis 188 6
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 657 27
- Cash basis 831 29
- NIC thresholds - two employments 2,021 34
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 373 12
- Please tell me what to do!! 526 13
- VAT on exports to EU 119 5
- 5th April 431 16
- s455 Directors loan 278 4
- Company buy back of shares from directors 253 11
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 306 2
- Skandia using wrong address 622
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 331
- Employee rewards 311
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 278
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 241
- Etax Australian 200
- LLP in Construction Industry 167
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 163
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 150
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 144