Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 620 9
- Property gift to sister 203 6
- Who gets the CGT deduction 256 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,565 27
- VAT training 331 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 276 7
- 31st october deadline 384 6
- RTI Late Registration query 147 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 261 2
- Payroll software 183 1
- Accounting for display stands 274 7
- Companies House Search 317 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 325 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,528 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 328 3
- A Friday Funny. 368 5
- Something for the weekend? 345 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 575 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,261 19
- Coming out of flat rate 176 1
- NHS finance professionals 711
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 403
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 388
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 302
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 283
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 221