Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 160 3
- Where has Portia gone? 2,030 67
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 119 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 188 5
- recompense capital input 54 1
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 949 22
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 555 14
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 128 3
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 370 9
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 224 5
- Merging my businesses 207 3
- Spousal transfer and PPR 569 19
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 462 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 344 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 329 1
- Holiday entitlement 583 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 324 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 153 1
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 234 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 212 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 791
- RTI - duplicate employee record 558
- Pensions Regulator 450
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 410
- Portia ... Where art thou 314
- Sanzar 313
- Digital marketing focus group 297
- How do you do it 295
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 271
- new investor structure 179