Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 511 11
- (help still needed) Accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 165 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 80 1
- Flat rate vat error 312 7
- EC VAT 200 9
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 511 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 281 14
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 529 16
- can I claim a per diem 250 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 135 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,367 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 242 6
- VAT on part of a closed pub 238 14
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 81 1
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 281 8
- Dispensation pointless ? 525 14
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 844 19
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 155 3
- Linux Accounting Software 564 13
- RTI due -no broadband 164 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 825
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 503
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 316
- How to format a stock book 283
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 226
- Tax efficient holding company structure 219
- Investment property company accounts template 217
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 210
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 177