Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 328 12
- Transferring rental property to limited company 294 10
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 51 1
- Revenue phishing examples 55 1
- iris update 11.9.2 156 2
- Land Registry 197 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 431 13
- Company Number 10000000 203 3
- IR35 325 4
- 2015 tax year end 513 1
- Company Structure 231 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,281 25
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 755 17
- Advertising Tips? 210 6
- Not renewing AAT 1,458 14
- Cloud-based email services? 261 6
- Dormant co. now trading 320 9
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,701 21
- Online or Paper 64-8? 233 4
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 427 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 728
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 430
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 370
- Costly Accounting Software contract 353
- Directors' advances and credits 279
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 259
- DTA tie-breaker issue 246
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 207
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195