Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 84 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,010 31
- Drop Down Boxes 232 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,635 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 146 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 587 8
- help needed with rti paye please 152 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 854 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 418 11
- Can't read my handwriting 814 19
- Undeclared rental income 420 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 345 7
- Sick pay 253 6
- Directors self assessment 177 2
- Employer's Helpline 224 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 136 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 199 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,770 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,100 8
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 151 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,415
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 542
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 330
- Hands on experience of Digita 262
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 256
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 169
- Umbrella pay services 145
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 124
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 123