Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 644 8
- Who can I refer leads to? 197 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 170 5
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 602 14
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 82 1
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 95 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 640 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 456 5
- SA tax assessments 148 2
- Director self assessment 375 16
- Sage Import Data 166 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 229 2
- Dividend Vouchers 262 4
- Engagement letter 185 4
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 193 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 154 3
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 279 7
- How do you account in the VAT return for 278 4
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 102 2
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 189 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 423
- CTA study material 388
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 284
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 265
- Pre incorp expenses 238
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 214
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 207
- Slight twist on employment related securities 192
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 137
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 136