Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 142 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 175 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,215 35
- Mortgage Reference 528 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 230 7
- Insovent companies 880 19
- New Build 186 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,294 48
- BrightPay quirks 200 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 804 20
- Website Content 155 1
- Personal Tax 627 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 175 1
- USA Tax Query 300 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 436 5
- last minute request 653 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 349 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 386 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,739 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6