Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- Sage opening balance / retained profit nightmare! 67 1
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 29 2
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 299 6
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 40 1
- Benefit in kind but no salary 305 6
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 222 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 226 3
- Pension Fund Audit for HMRC form APSS106 - suggested program? 76 3
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 131 2
- CGT on transfer of property 368 20
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,221 23
- Advisory Fuel Rates 117 5
- The stupidity continues 2,558 102
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,536 28
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 78 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 158 1
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 214 8
- Excel file Corrupted 190 3
- Ishares Ftse 100 (ETF) -Ireland 124 1
- Marketing and email surprises 535 10
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 466
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 456
- WIP Software 323
- No payroll scheme in place 268
- Is there anything wrong with this? 240
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 239
- Small Part Disposal of Property 212
- Uncommercial property business 210
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 178
- SA Penalty 173