Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- HMRC Information notice 949 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 231 3
- Accountant Specialization. 334 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 177 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 99 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,279 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,703 42
- Sage Line 50 148 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 123 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 398 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 379 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 150 1
- Freelance/Employee 686 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 184 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 188 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 497 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 130 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 615 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 717 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 223 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 750
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 409
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 294
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 177
- AIA 171
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 171