Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- Error in audited accounts 137 2
- Pratice Management Software 175 3
- Use of home query 106 2
- IT advisory questions? 265 7
- signature required 552 22
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 277 6
- Vat registration exception 202 3
- CIS software 99 2
- Homing sandwiches 479 11
- CT600 139 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 195 7
- Settlement discount 161 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 521 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 195 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 180 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 144 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 226 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 142 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 194 2
- Related Party Transactions 134 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,255
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 822
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 526
- Digita Hosted Software 342
- Credit where credit's due....... 318
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 245
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 202
- TheTax Donut 185
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 166
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 165