Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- Non-compete agreement 178 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 194 1
- Any views 736 1
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 86 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 203 6
- IRIS Practice Management 142 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 102 2
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 267 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 83 1
- Was I rude 777 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 182 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 169 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 303 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 254 1
- Top slicing relief question 232 2
- Valuation of PET on death 113 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 272 6
- Share swap 291 8
- Online filing 167 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 330 13
- Skandia using wrong address 1,479
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 814
- International interest certificate 446
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 418
- Sale of business 392
- NOVA 287
- IRIS Open Books problem 282
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 199
- Bonus Bonds 170
- Management expenses for investment company 169