Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 416 18
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 154 3
- Scottish Independance 691 20
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 165 2
- Dress code 1,449 34
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 40 1
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 111 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,327 16
- Limited company buying director's car 141 7
- Entrepeneurs relief 221 11
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 150 1
- Historical figures for WTC 64 1
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 419 9
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,170 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 117 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 263 4
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 429 6
- WC's and capital allowances 112 1
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 268 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 898 10
- CTA study material 760
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 467
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 364
- Employment related securities question 300
- AIM Stocks and IHT 276
- Expat pension contributions? 249
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 247
- Trust for Employee 229
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 149
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 142