Is a web site worth the investment?
This question is really aimed at smaller practices, and I'm really asking for guidance from actual experience (I'm sure I know the opinions of designers of web site for accountants......)
We are a relatively small bookkeeping & accounting business ready to hatch ambitious growth plans.
Over the past 4 years all our business has come from low budget advertising in local newspapers, and recommendations.
But we're on a mission to take on more business (maybe the world), and we've invested in a display advert in the forthcoming Yellow Pages.
Now, the question of whether a web site would be an effective marketing tool to generate new business has become a hot topic (especially since our local Business Link has matched funds available to help businesses gain an interet presence). We have divided views (dangerous in a small practice where marital relationships as well as business needs have to be considered).
Will it be an effective way of winning new business? Or are there more effective ways we could use the budget?
And if having a website is a "Good Thing", is it better to keep to a simple brochure format, or add in Clever Things that web designers tell you will make money (erhem!).
The boss (with the purse strings isn't convinced). The Universal Canine Cadaver (ie General DogsBody) with the maarketing hat on this week thinks it's a dead cert (providing we use all the right words to raise our position in searches).
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 127 5
- See you all on the other side 356 6
- 12Pay 106 2
- dividends 122 2
- R&D 146 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,003 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 284 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 185 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 135 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 378 5
- Seeking a tax case 363 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 246 4
- Companies house strike off 183 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 166 2
- Moving to the cloud 639 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 161 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 753 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 150 4
- BTC vs Digita 996 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 337 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 525
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 396
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 355
- IRIS and FRS 102 328
- Capitalising Finance Lease 294
- USA help 291
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 253
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 244
- Capital gains on rental property 231
- Sage Coretime 219