What really IS online at HMRC?
Why is a refund showing on a PAYE submission online not repaid with the same certainty of 5 days as the SA system gives?
A client has been waitnig since April for £3500 CIS tax more than his deducted PAYE. Correspondence being worked on in District is the beginning of July. The kind ladies on the 'phone say they email the District for instructions but nothing happens. It's bizarre.
I am also baffled that the Collectors on the phone told me that I could view a client's PAYE payments account online if I submitted an FB something or other authorisation from the client (allow three weeks). Since we check what clients have paid regularly, I thought this might help the process cutting out the telephone wait. After all, we can see SA payments with just a 64/8. The helpful lady also said we could authorise a client online.
So as not to stir the punters into a frenzy of phone calls, I sent a test one to an in-house company payroll to see what came, so I could tell the other punters what's coming and what to expect. After 10 days, the letter arrived with the authorisation code, which I duly entered on the site.
It made not a blind bit of difference, even after waiting some time. I STILL cannot see client's PAYE payments and the helpline staff were somewhat bemused that I needed this info.
Am I missing the point here and have failed in my dotage to press a vital but bijou tit to get to the appropriate nirvana? Is it all just too much to ask for consistency in HMRC? What do you all do out there
- PAYE versus Dividends 148 2
- Employee or partner 12 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 183 5
- The Cotter Case 178 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 108 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 134 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 54 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 936 16
- Sole Trader business 152 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 151 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 144 1
- Giving a seminar 683 36
- Tax position on lease extension 175 1
- Boffin of the Year 299 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 219 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 238 4
- Sage Depreciation 78 1
- Non sequitur 252 2
- Am i Liable? 881 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 170 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,296
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 640
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 424
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 331
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 219
- Agent fees to sell business 213
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 207
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 150