What should year end VAT balance on Balance sheet relate to?
Client is on the flat rate scheme and cash accounting.
I understand what how the quarterly VAT returns are calculated but what should the year end VAT balance relate to in the year end accounts
The client has posted invoices onto Sage in the normal accruals method as you would with a normal sales day book and purchase day book but using this method the closing VAT balance is calculated on the accruals method, rather than the FRS and cash accounting
Is this balance therefore correct or do i adjust to reflect the fact they are operating the FRS and cash accounting schemes and if so how do i do this?
Hope this maks sense??
Thanks in advance
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 136 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 166 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,207 35
- Mortgage Reference 519 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 220 7
- Insovent companies 880 19
- New Build 181 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,293 48
- BrightPay quirks 192 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 801 20
- Website Content 145 1
- Personal Tax 623 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 172 1
- USA Tax Query 296 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 434 5
- last minute request 650 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 346 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 383 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,737 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6