What software to use for budgets - manufacturer with 750 nominal codes?
My scenario is this:
£20m Manufacturing company
Accounts on Sage MMS
8 Production departments
Production overheads are absorbed in to WIP at annual rates.
750 nominal codes.
The budgeting model I have inherited runs to 30 Excel sheets, 60 000 calculations.
You change one number, the whole thing recalculates.
We go through a few budget iterations, and then someone wants a comparison with an earlier version.
This is a nightmare.
What software is there out there to manage budget creation?
We are looking for budgets broken down in to months.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,630 24
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 491 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 847 23
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,347 18
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,984 39
- VAT & capitalising 132 3
- Final year's accounts 159 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 309 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 303 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 312 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 254 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 144 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,980 36
- Invoice Help 253 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 188 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 260 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 246 3
- Sorry ignore me 912 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 597 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 297
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 194
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 170
- What's the market like for temps? 167