What software to use for budgets - manufacturer with 750 nominal codes?
My scenario is this:
£20m Manufacturing company
Accounts on Sage MMS
8 Production departments
Production overheads are absorbed in to WIP at annual rates.
750 nominal codes.
The budgeting model I have inherited runs to 30 Excel sheets, 60 000 calculations.
You change one number, the whole thing recalculates.
We go through a few budget iterations, and then someone wants a comparison with an earlier version.
This is a nightmare.
What software is there out there to manage budget creation?
We are looking for budgets broken down in to months.
- client threatening legal action 1,783 26
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 661 8
- Partially exempt? 233 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 80 1
- First VAT Visit for client 210 4
- Dividend in specie 222 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 154 8
- Lorry Drivers 130 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 68 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 80 1
- Mexican student in UK 112 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 193 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 289 12
- payroll software 105 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,047 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 92 1
- Pricing 329 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 848 18
- Skandia using wrong address 482
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 277
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 271
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 221
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 207
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 157