What software to use for budgets - manufacturer with 750 nominal codes?
My scenario is this:
£20m Manufacturing company
Accounts on Sage MMS
8 Production departments
Production overheads are absorbed in to WIP at annual rates.
750 nominal codes.
The budgeting model I have inherited runs to 30 Excel sheets, 60 000 calculations.
You change one number, the whole thing recalculates.
We go through a few budget iterations, and then someone wants a comparison with an earlier version.
This is a nightmare.
What software is there out there to manage budget creation?
We are looking for budgets broken down in to months.
- Very large share capital by mistake 388 6
- 24 month rule and expenses 157 1
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 373 3
- Love is in the air 457 6
- Setting up a practice 219 3
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 638 17
- Stamp Duty 284 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 227 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,773 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 491 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 185 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 254 9
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,014 46
- Client Paperwork Retention? 555 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 566 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 342 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 385 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 438 6
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 467 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 289 2
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 278
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 274
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 237
- Apprenticeship Levy 232
- Capital Gains personal representatives 219
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 219
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 194