What tax certificate is this?
Email from the client: "I need some help on getting a "Tax certificate". I did some work for a university in Spain and they won't pay me unless I produce a tax certificate (whatever that is - see blurb below taken from their pro forma). I went on HRMC web site and they suggested ring my tax office (which according to my last form was xxxx) - after three unanswered phone calls totalling well over an hour I finally gave up - thus this email. Do you have any clever ways of getting such a certificate or any suggestions what I need to do. Any thoughts gratefully received. "THE Tax Certificate
This must be issued by the tax authorities of the associate’s country of residence. The tax certificate should state that the named natural or legal person is resident in said country for the purposes of The Double Taxation Convention.
The tax certificates are valid for a year running from the date on which they were issued. Each tax authority has its own rules regarding the issue of such certificates."
Any help would be graetly appreciated.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 958 26
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 55 1
- Related party disclosure 96 3
- Inflation and fees 1,271 23
- Company reconstruction 33 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 763 22
- Missing tax return 230 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 206 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 74 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 122 1
- Advice please! 374 2
- VAT on new builds 142 3
- incorrect old p60 203 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 109 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 334 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,923 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 717 6
- Sage Priority Support 122 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 519 4