What tax certificate is this?
Email from the client: "I need some help on getting a "Tax certificate". I did some work for a university in Spain and they won't pay me unless I produce a tax certificate (whatever that is - see blurb below taken from their pro forma). I went on HRMC web site and they suggested ring my tax office (which according to my last form was xxxx) - after three unanswered phone calls totalling well over an hour I finally gave up - thus this email. Do you have any clever ways of getting such a certificate or any suggestions what I need to do. Any thoughts gratefully received. "THE Tax Certificate
This must be issued by the tax authorities of the associate’s country of residence. The tax certificate should state that the named natural or legal person is resident in said country for the purposes of The Double Taxation Convention.
The tax certificates are valid for a year running from the date on which they were issued. Each tax authority has its own rules regarding the issue of such certificates."
Any help would be graetly appreciated.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,900 42
- 64-8's amazingly quick 106 4
- Xerocon 2016 867 16
- last minute request 379 5
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 279 3
- Personal Tax 318 9
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,216 46
- Practical experience 880 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 259 2
- Mortgage Reference 241 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 190 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 447 9
- VAT 313 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 262 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 239 1
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 85 1
- Cash gift from India 517 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 90 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 505 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 163 2