What tax certificate is this? | AccountingWEB

What tax certificate is this?

Email from the client: "I need some help on getting a "Tax certificate".  I did some work for a university in Spain and they won't pay me unless I produce a tax certificate (whatever that is - see blurb below taken from their pro forma).  I went on HRMC web site and they suggested ring my tax office (which according to my last form was xxxx) - after three unanswered phone calls totalling well over an hour I finally gave up - thus this email.  Do you have any clever ways of getting such a certificate or any suggestions what I need to do.  Any thoughts gratefully received.  "THE Tax Certificate
This must be issued by the tax authorities of the associate’s country of residence. The tax certificate should state that the named natural or legal person is resident in said country for the purposes of The Double Taxation Convention.
The tax certificates are valid for a year running from the date on which they were issued. Each tax authority has its own rules regarding the issue of such certificates."

Any help would be graetly appreciated.


There are 11 comments. Login or register to view them.

Tax Cert

bernie10 |

Tax certificate


Residence certificates

sijolees |

We had one of these

Monsoon |
Monsoon's picture

Could be Tax or Social Security reasons

Marion Hayes |
Marion Hayes's picture

Certificate of fiscal residence

Paul Scholes |
Paul Scholes's picture

Apply within...

WhichTyler |

UK tax certificate

valentino rossi |
valentino rossi's picture

Thanks to all who have replied

Phil Rees |
Phil Rees's picture

Please Adivse

ginai |


ginai |