What would you do? | AccountingWEB

What would you do?

83 yo client having a clearout and has come across a chargeable event certificate from 2004/5 which I didn't see when preparing her SAR for that year. Although she is not anywhere near higher rate it does affect the age allowance that she is due for that year and a further £123 tax is due.

1) Fess up     (phone 0977-0000001)

2) Advise, let sleeping dogs lie. (phone 0977-0000002)

Callls cost £30 per min, calls from mobile phones may be higher

There are 8 comments. Login or register to view them.

Write a nice letter to HMRC

Jon Stow |
Jon Stow's picture

what a lovely lady to volunteer

carnmores |

I'm by the book

Jon Stow |
Jon Stow's picture

The phone lines have closed. Please don't vote anymore...

IanRiley |

Just write a letter to HMRC

nigelburge |
nigelburge's picture

presumably the money from the phone lines

carnmores |

Missread your options

aiwalters |
aiwalters's picture


cymraeg_draig |
cymraeg_draig's picture