What would you do if...
Imagine the scenario…
You are half way through that bag of receipts job for the plumber who you know is always a bit of a pain, when he calls and asks you for some advice which his friend in the pub says is a great idea…
At the end of the call, he doesn’t like what you have told him (because his suggestion is probably illegal) and says that he is going to find another accountant and that he isn’t going to pay you for the accounts you are doing...
What would you do?
My first answer was stop doing this years accounts, before anything else.
However, the ICAEW say that you have to complete the accounts and hand them to him as it may be inconvenient for him if you don’t… and if you absolutely insist on not completing the work you have started, you better contact your lawyers and both the ICAEW and the (former) client both have claims against you!
Remind me again what it is we actually pay this body for?
- Inheritance tax 229 12
- Tax residence 90 2
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 116 1
- Which software for practice books? 308 7
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 131 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,639 33
- Accountant software 293 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 454 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 105 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 424 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 231 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,885 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 96 1
- Renting property to yourself 327 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 387 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 105 4
- register as self employed? 137 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 163 1
- VAT enquiry 105 1
- Write off of former director's loan 242 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 648
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 486
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 451
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 277
- How to format a stock book 236
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 196
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 187
- Tax efficient holding company structure 176
- Investment property company accounts template 165
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 163