whats the most off the wall excel trick you have used?
excel is clever, but sometimes too clever, requiring a bit of lateral thought (or a eureka moment) to achieve what sounds simple but is in fact not catered for. an example is a recent post about how to copy formula across columns, but referring to cells down rows.
why not share your eureka moments with the world? solutions that solved a problem without resorting to visual basic!
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 256 8
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 634 12
- Incorporated company charity 104 2
- property capital gains 305 3
- Closing down loss-making company 608 10
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 313 5
- Website Content 364 3
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 429 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,104 19
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 402 2
- Tips on meals 391 3
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 240 2
- Stumped - IHT 452 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 573 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 374 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 146 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 133 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 860 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,436 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 161 3