When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Self-assessment statistics 2,474 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 218 5
- Transmission of ISA 50 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 189 2
- Next Move 715 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 186 2
- Not renewing AAT 677 9
- CGT of shares gifted 383 6
- New dividend taxation 505 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,799 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 163 1
- Company car v company allowance 290 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 437 9
- Company formation and bank account 441 9
- Owning overseas property 352 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 291 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 285 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 711 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 738 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 286 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 668
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 399
- 2015 tax year end 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 395
- FCA regulated company in a small group 347
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 320
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 241
- DTA tie-breaker issue 211
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 208