When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Wrong career 420 18
- Would this save hours of your time? 358 8
- Laptop purchase 1,349 20
- PTP software disaster 218 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 153 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 198 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 87 2
- Director's tax return 190 3
- Tricky VAT question 128 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 98 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 226 6
- VT accounts licence key 232 5
- Weely paid employees 210 2
- Splitting the tax year 78 1
- FPS Submission 131 2
- Value pricing 636 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 201 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 127 1
- vat return 220 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 173 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 544
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 290
- Free Tax Legislation? 250
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 234
- Director Loan account operation 232
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 228
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 224
- Paye procedures for CVA 159