When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- No presenter ID for Companies House - ixbrl 78 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 133 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 136 6
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 125 3
- Claiming VAT on car lease 402 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 48 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 571 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 651 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 92 2
- Freelance/Employee 619 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 151 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 303 6
- Is it just me ... 228 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 266 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 98 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 329 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 213 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,497 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 114 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 353 14
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 743
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 404
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 182
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 166
- AIA 163
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154