When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 282 15
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 659 12
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 68 2
- Personal pension 430 9
- Business rates consultancy 255 4
- Wrong tax code 147 6
- Benefit in Kind 235 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 67 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 244 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,050 31
- Deferred Tax 461 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 202 1
- You know its over 478 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 241 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 142 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 223 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,268 14
- Cocaine anyone? 616 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 144 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 178 3
- Hive up 509
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 450
- Advice - 291
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 235
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 215
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 192
- The booking.com con 167
- UK State pension paid in NZ 162