When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- AccountingWEB survey 436 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,050 31
- Closing down loss-making company 144 2
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 747 10
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 729 5
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 291 1
- Mortgage Reference 671 9
- BrightPay quirks 338 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,382 50
- VAT disaggregation 143 2
- Gift aid procedure please? 548 6
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 87 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 439 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,347 38
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 244 2
- Appointment of director 119 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 226 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 295 3
- Rounding errors on CT600 371 7
- Insovent companies 932 19