When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 31 1
- Not a question but made my day 308 5
- Microsoft One Drive 73 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 396 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 245 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 581 14
- Repayment of Share Capital 347 7
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,629 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 88 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,849 25
- Audacity 1,184 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 218 1
- PPR ELECTION 240 7
- Unable to access Co House website 170 3
- Mother and son property ownership 503 2
- Late night meals self employed 281 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 625 10
- VAN Benefit in Kind - Tax Code 157 1
- Builing a gin palace but wants to rent out for a year first 481 3
- PAYE variance 189 1
- NHS finance professionals 564
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 374
- Foreign Pension Contribution 341
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 323
- vat gross profit percentage margins 303
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 303
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 278
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 248
- Thinning income 225
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 199