When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 828 8
- capital gains on PPR 253 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 370 14
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,817 443
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 216 4
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 188 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 188 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,300 62
- Company expansion 106 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 383 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 502 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 526 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,482 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 263 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 196 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 177 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 301 9
- PRR 374 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 416 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 326 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 373
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 264
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 158