When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Micro-entity accounts 23 1
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 772 23
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 960 26
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 68 1
- Related party disclosure 105 3
- Inflation and fees 1,273 23
- Company reconstruction 44 1
- Missing tax return 232 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 206 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 80 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 124 1
- Advice please! 378 2
- VAT on new builds 144 3
- incorrect old p60 204 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 109 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 338 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,927 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 723 6
- Sage Priority Support 124 2