When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Charging VAT to a Swedish Company 65 3
- proposed dividends 501 20
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 209 1
- HMRC repayment has gone to wrong bank account - quickest way to resolve? 297 5
- Valuing Famiy Shareholding 74 1
- Deductible or not ? Working out of hotels /coffee shops 236 4
- Tax credits and Concentrix 123 3
- Capital gains on tax return - attachments 169 5
- Estate Agent - Advertising/WIP 81 1
- Missing PAYE codes 211 4
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 670 14
- FPS responses ... 368 12
- Nominal Codes 158 7
- How far back can a direct debit be claimed back by client? 519 4
- DLA Write Off Tax Implications 433 8
- Do I need to revise VAT returns 122 1
- Option to Tax 89 1
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 1,149 23
- Car fuel benefit - changing basis 123 1
- CGT on transfer of shares to Holding company 206 7
- Sanzar 479
- Digital marketing focus group 392
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 369
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 314
- Continuity Agreement 313
- Sainsbury's mangement 310
- Avanti Accounts 308
- Buyback 280
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 227
- Aggresive sales from Iris 173