When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Dividend dates 451 8
- R&D tax credit claim 187 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,323 27
- PITA client 80 2
- CIS Deductions 257 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 46 1
- is this fraud? 740 13
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,261 32
- Married woman dies owning marital home 467 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,472 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 196 5
- Not a good start no broadband 465 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 161 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 708 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 207 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 85 1
- Intrastat triangulation 68 1
- CGT 149 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 193 4
- Question regarding gym training 387 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 590
- Cancelled 343
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 252
- Probiz 238
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 176
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 168
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151