When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Apostille documents 72 2
- Client incurring expenses on company car 44 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 512 13
- Goodie bag 1,375 50
- Companies House Penalties 22 1
- AE - employees making different contributions 47 1
- can I approach clients ? 282 7
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 84 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 313 14
- Classic cars investment 542 15
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 222 2
- Why .... 797 9
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 516 5
- BrightPay 897 26
- Quickbooks Online 198 4
- Husband Wife let property 316 8
- Student Loan deduction 71 1
- Film Actors - Averaging? 292 8
- Charities and VAT? 141 6
- Do sole traders qualify for tax relief at source on pension contributions? 125 1
- Possible Partnership? 632
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 512
- New Fangled Penalties 439
- Fuming! 355
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 315
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 252
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 231
- Outsource Data Entry 229
- Moving away from CCH software 221
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 172