When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- private to company car? 120 3
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 199 13
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 422 6
- Buy to let allowable interest 71 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 66 1
- Partner with an IVA 135 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 893 33
- Your fondest calculator memories 526 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 401 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 214 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 204 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 295 4
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 324 13
- Consequential loss claim 58 1
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 127 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 237 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 107 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 402 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 272 4
- That old chestnut 610 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 449
- CTA study material 411
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 299
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 273
- Pre incorp expenses 265
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 234
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 228
- Slight twist on employment related securities 203
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 176
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 173