When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 249 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 192 4
- SA302 283 6
- Go Cardless 334 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 228 3
- Hmrc software 230 3
- Mehjoo 270 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 116 1
- Hosted email exchange 174 5
- South African Government Pension 182 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 169 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 292 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 310 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 246 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 150 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 289 7
- New Email Extensions 206 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 322 2
- Dental practice incorpration 161 1
- Audit rules 186 4
- Xtuple 512
- Qtac payroll for bureau 351
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 295
- Industrial & Provident Societies 286
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 183
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 181
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 164
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147