When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 278 9
- Practice management 147 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 59 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 212 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 82 1
- IHT and cash gifts 65 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 135 7
- Clothing 167 4
- VAT registration transfer 152 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 578 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 89 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 106 2
- Director drawings 396 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 323 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 98 1
- HMRC SA302s 205 3
- What does the "K" signify 434 7
- Director or self-employed 158 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 129 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 142 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 907
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 611
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 579
- Latest phishing scam 532
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 379
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 348
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 281
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 200
- Capital allowances in first basis period 189
- Sabbatical payments 177