When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Landlord possible penalties for late registration for self assessment 61 3
- How to pay national insurance 426 13
- BIM47080 and director training before trade starts 132 5
- Accounting Software for Small Practice 950 23
- Hannah's blog post about fish 267 4
- Overlap relief 608 16
- Timescale for S455/S458 reclaims 123 3
- Ex-gratia payments 158 4
- Employment status 111 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 502 5
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 1,748 21
- Bumper Holiday Pay 151 2
- HMRC Email 213 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 245 12
- Government Gateway 1,069 17
- Intercompany advice 76 1
- Independent Review of a Company Limited by Guarantee 158 6
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 1,784 19
- New Website Look 549 14
- CGT on compulsory purchase cpmpensation re lease 113 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 473
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 364
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 360
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 333
- Perkbox 298
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 285
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 260
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 255
- Document Management Systems 236
- WIP Software 220