When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 225 7
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 15 1
- Scottish Independance 34 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 221 1
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 292 7
- Interest relief before property is rented out 164 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 303 12
- Dress code 934 22
- How much did you pay for your website 1,575 27
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 577 4
- Dividend 367 6
- FRS and Debtors 188 2
- What's in a name ? 576 6
- Helping out a friend 465 8
- Problem with CT600 return boxes AC229 & AC230 (Accelerated capital allowances) 240 7
- Use of Home for Sole Trader 415 5
- ACCA practice certificates 365 4
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,297 36
- Umbrella Companies 271 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 182 2
- CTA study material 740
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 458
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 308
- Employment related securities question 294
- AIM Stocks and IHT 268
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 240
- Expat pension contributions? 228
- Trust for Employee 224
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 139
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 121