When to raise my invoice...
I suspect a problem client is trying to delay paying me by faffing about.
The accounts have been completed and she was refusing to answer telephone calls or emails requesting confirmation that there are no outstanding issues with the accounts. I managed to get hold of her today (I had rung her mobile and she clearly hadn't recognised my number) and she admitted the accounts were signed off. As I made this job a priority over other clients and turned them around in 1 week as she had asked very nicely, I'm very annoyed that she has held me off raising by invoice by 2 weeks.
I just wondered at what stage everyone else sent client's their invoice for accounts preparation work? I have spoken to one local accountant who told me she sends the invoice with the final accounts for signing and will not file the accounts or ctax return until payment has been received. Also, one of my clients told me that their previous accountant would send out draft accounts with an invoice and the accounts would be automatically filed within 2 weeks if no further contact was made by the client......honestly they did do that, although I'm not sure how without a signature.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Sarah aka Sir Digby....just in case you missed the anon post.....grrrrr
- Personal Allowance for non residents 351 9
- Vat 65 3
- PAYE 73 3
- xerocon 45 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,086 10
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 153 1
- VAT: option to tax 102 2
- IHT dilemma 288 11
- Share Valuation 60 2
- Dormant company or not? 307 13
- VAT - Land Related Services 89 1
- Best form of debt recovery 157 3
- Backdating VAT claim 40 1
- WIP recognition for builders 375 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 295 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 172 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 103 2
- Share Issue 215 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 146 11
- Client avoiding UK Tax. 751 23
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 654
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 518
- Auto enrolment excuses 488
- Removed post 369
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 344
- Social investment tax relief 160
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 154
- Call Centre Data Costs 153
- Digita Hosted Software 138
- option to tax 126