In which year is this taxable
Somone claimed ESA. It was paid for a short period then stopped by DWP. They appealed against the decision and took it to tribunal.
Person won and it was paid in 2011/12. Arrears from September 2011 were paid this year also.
When are the arrears taxable? Is it in 2010/11 or 2011/12. Logic suggests it should be taxable last year as that was when the entitlement arose?
Can anyone help?
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,667 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 288 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 179 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,552 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 73 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 224 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 220 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 817 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 111 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,297 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 910 37
- Second Limited Company 125 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 496 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 295 8
- Probate services 371 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 509 20
- trading losses allowable? 760 14
- Post AAT? 693 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 154 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 195 2