Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- carry back of gift aid 81 2
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 906 11
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 100 3
- Dress code 1,262 29
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 362 4
- Scottish Independance 503 14
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 373 17
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 704 19
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 755 9
- How to complain about HMRC 1,052 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 332 8
- NOMINAL CODES 330 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 182 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 723 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 285 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 238 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 376 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 430 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 124 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 253 1
- CTA study material 746
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 462
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 345
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 246
- Expat pension contributions? 240
- Trust for Employee 227
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 142
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140