Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- Cash injection by shareholder 21 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 255 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 276 4
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 151 3
- PRR 185 11
- corp tax software 334 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,074 54
- Pension Contributions Relief 435 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 456 7
- Which tax box 177 2
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 128 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 94 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 214 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 201 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,441 423
- References for clients 186 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 137 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 95 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 313 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 128 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,294
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 251
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 164
- Employer's Helpline 157
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 134