Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- Output tax for retailer 65 4
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 408 7
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 918 9
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,366 32
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 411 11
- Which PayPal transactions can I ignore? 188 1
- Is this a scam? 1,313 23
- Question for FreeAgent users 213 7
- VAT silly question 2,222 50
- Unregistered tax driver 116 4
- Issue of TAX Invoices 124 2
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 146 2
- Failure to operate PAYE 497 21
- Gift or Capital Gain? 128 3
- Payroll software 358 13
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 247 20
- Tax tribunal strike rates 154 2
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,343 21
- ATED-Related CGT returns 292 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 198 4
- Overseas Sales 520
- Benchmarking 459
- Possible Partnership? 403
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 393
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 372
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 310
- Wednesday rant 283
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 187
- Filing Corporation Tax Return for a company that only has investment income 169
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 165