Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 483 18
- Business only use of company car 283 11
- Web site and client access area advice 196 1
- Car or Van 368 9
- AIA for private hire cars, self-employed licensed private hire vehicle / driver 86 4
- Dividend Tax Petition 350 5
- Buying a business premises in a pension 213 3
- Unilateral Relief - How to calculate UK tax paid 184 2
- Tax efficient vehicle 485 9
- Going through security 282 5
- Sage VAT return reports difference post reconciliation 234 1
- Bank reconciliation 280 8
- Practice software 677 14
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 344 3
- Sage Accounts in a mess 300 5
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 195 2
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 270 7
- Goodwill on incorporation 508 17
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 362 10
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 242 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 246
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 225
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 212
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 200
- Expenses Software 180
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 170
- Any thoughts on Capium? 169
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 164
- CTA Material 164
- Car Capital Contribution 146