Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 640 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 181 1
- Your comments please 120 3
- Ordering same-day transactions 73 2
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 166 2
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 34 1
- Closing my business down 303 20
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 104 1
- Recording Calls 48 1
- CGT history of shares 79 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 63 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,273 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,491 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 910 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 70 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 157 2
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 246 3
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 249 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 200 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 162 1
- Moving away from CCH software 959
- QROP pension input amounts 446
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 389
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 368
- fraud 292
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 265
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 234
- Construction CIS LLP Company 218
- EPS and CIS deductions 210
- Out of time or not? 191