Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- Scanners 106 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 145 5
- IHT dilemma 1,356 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 171 1
- IT advisory questions? 138 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 781 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 94 1
- Should I move back home away from my office? 397 8
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 500 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 452 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 614 12
- More AE! 646 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 120 4
- PAYE 1,620 17
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,112 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 120 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 119 3
- Invoice dispute 602 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 278 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 425 9
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,147
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 792
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 481
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 261
- Director phone costs 222
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 222
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 194
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 179
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147