Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,153 13
- Tips on meals 161 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 510 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 145 3
- Personal Tax 723 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 161 2
- Stumped - IHT 126 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 407 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 471 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,280 33
- Credit management tools 131 1
- property capital gains 133 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 391 7
- CGT and primary residence 170 1
- Marriage Allowance 269 3
- S455 and February year ends 324 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 888 18
- Closing down loss-making company 455 5
- S.455 Tax again 287 3