Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- Inflation and fees 1,249 22
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 732 21
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 62 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 112 1
- Advice please! 362 2
- VAT on new builds 136 3
- incorrect old p60 181 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 107 1
- Related party disclosure 63 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 321 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,912 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 707 6
- Sage Priority Support 118 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 512 4
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 361 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 146 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 138 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 155 1
- Missing tax return 210 2