Who can be a Registered Auditor?
I have come across some accounts for a small company filed with Companies House (full accounts with detailed P&L and even tax comps!). There is also an auditors report (with no Bannerman clause). The audit report is signed by a member of the Association of Certified Public Accountants (but not as a "registered auditor").
Are members of the ACPA entitled to be registered auditors?
If so, does the ACPA have a complaints procedure for registering complaints about the standard of their members' work (e.g. no comparatives, reference to FRRSE March 2000 for 310107 accounts, no interest shown in P&L (when there is in the detailed P&L), Net Current Assets including long term creditors, pennies in the accounts (yes really!), and, no accounting policy stated for lease charges (and there were some) - to name just a few of the mistakes).
Makes one wonder why we bother (and try very hard!) to keep up professional standards in the CCAB bodies!
- Hobby Horse 784 8
- Non resident income. 448 20
- What sectors to target? 610 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 255 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 189 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,934 41
- Self assesment online 993 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 265 21
- Why do I do this every year 418 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 304 5
- closing limited company 182 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 97 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 522 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 254 9
- IHT and US resident 71 1
- Limited Companies Merger 211 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 142 1
- Practice management 386 7
- IHT and cash gifts 254 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 567 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 933
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 650
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 600
- Latest phishing scam 580
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 416
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 313
- Scratch Head 242
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 237
- Sabbatical payments 199
- Negligible Value Claim 176