Wholly and exclusively question re land.
I asked my client if the land utilised by his business was used W & E for his business.
His reply was that on quite a large portion of the land he allows farmers to graze their sheep free of charge. He also added that this was necessary otherwise the land would become unusable for his business purposes and that this was a very cost effective solution (being free).
Can my client still claim that the land being grazed is used W & E for his business?
It seems unfair to me for it not to be the case as he would loose the chance to reclaim mortgage interest on that portion of land and also suffer when he eventually sells it in the distant future
Comments gratefully received.
- Agent with HMRC 231 10
- Quarterly PAYE 196 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 36 1
- reporting salary? 159 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 306 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 265 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 88 3
- Value pricing 570 19
- Fee's for P11D's 273 4
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 377 1
- Childcare Vouchers 170 3
- Audit Report Query 182 5
- Coming in from the cold 209 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,303 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 89 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 132 3
- Issuing an invoice as an individual (non UK resident) 80 1
- Thats Better 291 6
- apprentices 116 1
- Sage Payroll 257 10
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 522
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 215
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 215
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 202
- vat return 166
- Free Tax Legislation? 159