Wholly and exclusively question re land.
I asked my client if the land utilised by his business was used W & E for his business.
His reply was that on quite a large portion of the land he allows farmers to graze their sheep free of charge. He also added that this was necessary otherwise the land would become unusable for his business purposes and that this was a very cost effective solution (being free).
Can my client still claim that the land being grazed is used W & E for his business?
It seems unfair to me for it not to be the case as he would loose the chance to reclaim mortgage interest on that portion of land and also suffer when he eventually sells it in the distant future
Comments gratefully received.
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 733 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 620 13
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 133 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 119 7
- Managing Employee Expenses 129 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,071 26
- Charity work 122 6
- Company Director In Prison 217 5
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 273 3
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 651 21
- MAAT vs ACCA 349 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,534 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,538 55
- VAT registration? 136 1
- ec sales lists 152 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 135 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 147 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 107 4
- Small company audit 748 12
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 210 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 474
- Cancelled 418
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 357
- Probiz 328
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 311
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 240
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 182