Wholly and exclusively question re land.
I asked my client if the land utilised by his business was used W & E for his business.
His reply was that on quite a large portion of the land he allows farmers to graze their sheep free of charge. He also added that this was necessary otherwise the land would become unusable for his business purposes and that this was a very cost effective solution (being free).
Can my client still claim that the land being grazed is used W & E for his business?
It seems unfair to me for it not to be the case as he would loose the chance to reclaim mortgage interest on that portion of land and also suffer when he eventually sells it in the distant future
Comments gratefully received.
- Balancing charge 39 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 29 1
- Landing clients 55 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 249 3
- AIA/Capital Allowances 396 13
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 790 23
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 151 5
- Payment on account reminders 157 2
- Stand alone practice management software 1,768 26
- Allocation of income from property 673 23
- RTI and Advances to Employees 405 10
- CTA 275 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 73 1
- Time values in Excel 163 3
- No more tax returns... 1,417 12
- bookkeeping system 572 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 184 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 241 6
- International VAT 144 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 670 9