Wholly and exclusively question re land.
I asked my client if the land utilised by his business was used W & E for his business.
His reply was that on quite a large portion of the land he allows farmers to graze their sheep free of charge. He also added that this was necessary otherwise the land would become unusable for his business purposes and that this was a very cost effective solution (being free).
Can my client still claim that the land being grazed is used W & E for his business?
It seems unfair to me for it not to be the case as he would loose the chance to reclaim mortgage interest on that portion of land and also suffer when he eventually sells it in the distant future
Comments gratefully received.
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,131 21
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 39 1
- Spousal transfer and PPR 685 30
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 234 8
- recompense capital input 175 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 102 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 219 2
- CT losses carry back 79 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 544 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 140 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 751 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 414 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,260 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 127 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 183 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 222 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 989 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 201 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 251 5
- Merging my businesses 228 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 797
- RTI - duplicate employee record 562
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 328
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183