Wholly and exclusively question re land.
I asked my client if the land utilised by his business was used W & E for his business.
His reply was that on quite a large portion of the land he allows farmers to graze their sheep free of charge. He also added that this was necessary otherwise the land would become unusable for his business purposes and that this was a very cost effective solution (being free).
Can my client still claim that the land being grazed is used W & E for his business?
It seems unfair to me for it not to be the case as he would loose the chance to reclaim mortgage interest on that portion of land and also suffer when he eventually sells it in the distant future
Comments gratefully received.
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 71 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,256 19
- Scanners 167 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 81 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 157 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 232 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 401 9
- Payment plans for clients 119 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 227 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 241 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 445 9
- P60 or payslips? 95 1
- Property income in different capacities 107 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 191 1
- IT advisory questions? 178 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 794 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 145 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 527 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,158
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 798
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 488
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 272
- Director phone costs 235
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 200
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 136