Wholly and exclusively question re land.
I asked my client if the land utilised by his business was used W & E for his business.
His reply was that on quite a large portion of the land he allows farmers to graze their sheep free of charge. He also added that this was necessary otherwise the land would become unusable for his business purposes and that this was a very cost effective solution (being free).
Can my client still claim that the land being grazed is used W & E for his business?
It seems unfair to me for it not to be the case as he would loose the chance to reclaim mortgage interest on that portion of land and also suffer when he eventually sells it in the distant future
Comments gratefully received.
- Share transfer question 260 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 397 7
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 191 5
- New Employers Helpline 120 2
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 212 5
- Overlap relief 715 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,275 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 178 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 182 4
- VAT Query 172 2
- Sacked my first client 640 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 408 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 218 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,263 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 619 11
- Trades and deadlines 139 3
- How to pay national insurance 647 18
- New Website Look 1,075 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 268 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 228 5
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 426
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 419
- WIP Software 286
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- No payroll scheme in place 219
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 218
- Software recommendations 199
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 197
- Is there anything wrong with this? 189
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 186