Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 313 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,106 33
- ACCA practice certificates 88 2
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 216 5
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 181 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 116 1
- What would you do in this situation? 703 14
- Dress code 526 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 535 16
- Project being run jointly 224 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 327 4
- Companies House 624 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 396 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 746 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,467 25
- Help Required 442 10
- directors control and tax problems 342 5
- Fastest Software 817 13
- What's in a name ? 429 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 344 4
- CTA study material 720
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 442
- Employment related securities question 280
- AIM Stocks and IHT 257
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 210
- Trust for Employee 208
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 192
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 125