Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,761 23
- Running two businesses from the same premises 58 1
- Late Registration for VAT 160 5
- Registering a company late 217 6
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 261 4
- physiotherapy clinic 545 3
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,895 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 77 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,004 25
- Deferred Tax 115 1
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 66 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 404 7
- How much of your work is admin? 165 1
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,790 19
- Goodwill complications 144 2
- Personal pension 213 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 172 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 294 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 248 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 984 26
- TheTax Donut 1,009
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 669
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 617
- Follower cases 484
- Limited company purchase of property 410
- Hive up 406
- corporate hierarchy 378
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 373
- LIVE chat, starting now 317
- AIA or IFA 206