Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Cash in Hand 146 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 181 5
- are receipts needed? 632 17
- SA302's anyone?? 614 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 330 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 125 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 351 12
- Busines software 160 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 194 6
- Converting a barn for business use 187 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 313 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 317 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 483 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 322 3
- Bookkeping software 731 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 274 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 660 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 274 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 129 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 325
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 185
- P11D benefit received by widow 164
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 158
- EXACT ONLINE 158