Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 985 10
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 110 3
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 179 8
- SAGE winforecast 234 1
- Trust 98 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 63 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 68 1
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 57 1
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 178 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 131 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 223 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 168 1
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 95 4
- Auto enrolment 1,571 15
- Annual Report - How to? 275 10
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 264 4
- Client's company struck off 2,072 26
- Accountants not providing all required information 161 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 136 2
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 1,132 17
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 527
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 460
- EPS and CIS deductions 325
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 309
- Construction CIS LLP Company 298
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 288
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 246
- Overdrawn director account 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 203
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 189