Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Moneysoft Payroll 526 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,212 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,515 26
- Coming out of flat rate 144 1
- Something for the weekend? 178 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 178 1
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 262 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,575 27
- Accounting for display stands 209 6
- AML reporting to NCA 153 3
- A Friday Funny. 249 4
- Is it any of my business ? 1,466 14
- vat gross profit percentage margins 409 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 297 4
- VAT training 204 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 347 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 188 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 379 9
- Companies House Search 271 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 556 14
- NHS finance professionals 699
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 428
- Foreign Pension Contribution 400
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 380
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 333
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 298
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 272
- IFA income recognition & reporting 223
- Incorporating doctors 215