Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 180 4
- VAT Query 142 2
- Overlap relief 687 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 143 2
- Sacked my first client 581 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 378 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 191 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,243 24
- Share transfer question 245 9
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 600 11
- Trades and deadlines 112 3
- How to pay national insurance 639 18
- New Website Look 1,065 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 249 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 215 5
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 149 4
- Marketing and email surprises 341 7
- Am I too soft? 450 13
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,211 16
- Humour me...worrying without need? 307 2
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 424
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 417
- WIP Software 284
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 216
- No payroll scheme in place 213
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 193
- Software recommendations 193
- Is there anything wrong with this? 184
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 182