Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,330 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 277 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 859 18
- NALS Accountants Report 106 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,474 35
- Legal title not in the company name 276 10
- Dividend dates 565 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 132 3
- Sole properietor 181 4
- transitioning payroll 244 8
- dividend proposals 115 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 237 2
- Deduction from Salary 302 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 202 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,731 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 93 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 437 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 160 2
- 12 Pay Problems 257 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 89 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 624
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 312
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 274
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 232
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 231
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 203
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 176