Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 96 2
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 63 1
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 186 6
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 135 2
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 182 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 247 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 374 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 318 9
- Merging my businesses 113 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,595 61
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,702 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 512 16
- VAT on commercial property 131 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,026 49
- deceased creditor 193 5
- Corporate member of LLP 277 1
- Investment company 267 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 340 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 218 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 372 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 534
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 306
- Sanzar 303
- Digital marketing focus group 288
- How do you do it 277
- Portia ... Where art thou 250
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 249