Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,452 40
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 40 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 213 1
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 110 2
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 226 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,228 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 357 6
- Go Cardless 376 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 320 3
- Mehjoo 330 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 134 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 396 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 191 4
- SA302 338 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 291 13
- Bringing money to Uk 291 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 216 4
- Hmrc software 255 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 187 1
- Hosted email exchange 189 5
- Xtuple 517
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 235
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 209
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 209
- Domain name sale and limited company 181
- CIS schemes 176
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151