Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Merger of Two companies 236 11
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 132 4
- IHT dilemma 909 16
- Why should I retain membership? 3,317 55
- Merging 316 4
- Merger of Two companies 409 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 879 21
- CIC Dividend Cap 277 9
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 219 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 646 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 185 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,798 24
- New business - journal entries 553 24
- IFA incorporation problems 293 4
- Coding Notice 322 7
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 303 2
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 176 5
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 137 3
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 204 1
- Wear and tear allowance 1,549 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 960
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 739
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 426
- Excuses, excuses!!! 307
- Digita Hosted Software 236
- Social investment tax relief 235
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 230
- Call Centre Data Costs 219
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 202
- Travel costs and contractors 200