Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- When do we qualify for state pension? 92 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 95 4
- BTC vs Digita 956 29
- Seeking a tax case 209 8
- How much to charge for payroll? 698 15
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 247 4
- See you all on the other side 192 5
- VATABLE Income 172 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 102 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 245 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 387 6
- P11D software 71 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 439 9
- VAT - business splitting 226 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 579 16
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 402 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 946 16
- Jersey - VAT 109 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 294 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 134 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 520
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 389
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 350
- IRIS and FRS 102 323
- USA help 279
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 242
- Capital gains on rental property 223
- Sage Coretime 210
- Capitalising Finance Lease 209
- PILON Foreign Service Exemption ITEPA 2003 S414 185