Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 773 32
- Classic cars investment 211 6
- BrightPay 570 16
- VAT silly question 2,374 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,071 10
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 126 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 236 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 245 6
- Federation Accounts 354 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 535 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 278 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 138 2
- Late reply from HMRC 252 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 284 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,666 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,424 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,793 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 505 11
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 225 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 235 8
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 405
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Income tax on foreign dividends 185
- Clubs and Taxable Income 184
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 180