Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 674 18
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 286 4
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 275 10
- Love is in the air 600 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,058 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 378 4
- Setting up a practice 532 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 544 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 499 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 407 1
- Stamp Duty 302 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 240 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,822 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 720 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 396 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 588 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 592 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 416 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 404 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 465 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 305
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 296
- CGT for NOn UK residents 282
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 281
- Foreign domicile status 263
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 258
- Apprenticeship Levy 243
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 242
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 226
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 225