Why Sage? Why do accountants 'like books kept in Sage'?!
I've been wondering this for a while now.
Why DO accountants like books to be kept in Sage?
Presumably it's because it's easier to take figures from Sage into accounts production software, thus making the process easier.
I'm honestly baffled though, because I loathe receiving Sage files. There are a million and one expense accounts, which don't correspond to the TB accounts in VT (our accounts production software). It takes a long time just to translate a Sage TB into a VT TB.
I would guess that most accountants use something like Digita, PTP or VT to produce accounts (i.e. not Sage's offering). Therefore why is Sage perceived to be easier? I've not tried Digita or PTP so if their CoA broadly matches Sage, I can understand. Does it?
I know that historically, Sage was 'the' bookkeeping software and became the standard.
It is still really preferred? We would be interested to know as the other folk in the office can't work it out either!
~Monsoon (not a Sage fan)
- Copy Wanted 607 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 47 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 60 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 66 3
- Software 280 7
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,375 81
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 444 16
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 240 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 154 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 130 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 109 1
- Closing a limited company 171 5
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 124 2
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 129 3
- Window Comb Binder Cover 352 6
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 420 23
- Broadband costs 208 2
- Allocation of internal division of work - manger level 308 11
- Use of home deduction 454 14
- Non resident income. 217 11
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 851
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 535
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 507
- Latest phishing scam 393
- Entrepreneurs' relief 372
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 326
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 309
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 297
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 207
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 183