Why wind up a company?
I have just rung Companies House about a statutory notice for overdue accounts for a company that is shortly to be wound up. I understand that if we don't do anything the company will simply be removed from the register at no cost and with no penalty. This seems better than charging my client a fee to complete form DS01 etc.
Can anyone please advise if there is a down side to simply leaving Companies House to remove the company, rather than us winding it up, especially assuming ther's no surplus - obviously we will still ahve to tidy things up with HMRC.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,863 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 238 2
- Xerocon 2016 802 12
- Personal Tax 180 2
- Mortgage Reference 163 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 148 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,176 45
- Practical experience 849 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 432 9
- VAT 306 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 212 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 174 1
- last minute request 281 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 78 1
- Cash gift from India 500 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 83 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 454 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 120 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 272 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 668 6