Why wind up a company?
I have just rung Companies House about a statutory notice for overdue accounts for a company that is shortly to be wound up. I understand that if we don't do anything the company will simply be removed from the register at no cost and with no penalty. This seems better than charging my client a fee to complete form DS01 etc.
Can anyone please advise if there is a down side to simply leaving Companies House to remove the company, rather than us winding it up, especially assuming ther's no surplus - obviously we will still ahve to tidy things up with HMRC.
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 87 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 99 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 169 4
- Private company division 291 5
- New build property to be rented 86 3
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 60 1
- Outstanding Loans 193 3
- Networking 852 7
- Allocation of income from property 617 22
- Services by BVI Company for UK Company 92 2
- bookkeeping system 467 7
- Sharing ODBC Excel Pivot Tables over network 112 2
- Company car in the LLP 117 1
- 64-8 problems 321 4
- flat rate scheme 1,833 37
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 880 11
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 324 9
- Unpaid share capital 213 2
- Bad debt receipt for dissolved company 148 1
- VAT Refunds 174 2