We have inherited a case where the client has an Aspect enquiry. All bar one point has been agreed but the problem is wifes wages. HM R&C say that because the amount has not been recorded in the cash book we can't prove that it has been paid.
Its a husband and wife under his name as a sole trader but she man's the phones and writes up the books, HM R&C have accepted that she does this work.
However they are still disallowing the expense as we can't prove its been paid, and won't budge, our final option is to go to the commissioners. Which given their unreasonable stance we feel we have no choice. The amount is only £2,600 a year and actually very representative for the work involved. We have argued the amount has been paid from cash drawings but HMRC says we cannot prove this.
Has anyone come across this before and can anyone offer any insight into the best methods to attack HM R&C's case?
Any help will be much appreciated
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 19 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 304 9
- Mortgage Reference 905 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 307 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 107 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 151 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 131 1
- RTI offline? 616 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 154 1
- CIS and Xero 277 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 256 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 176 2
- property capital gains 412 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 153 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 941 9
- Tips on meals 572 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,353 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 234 3