A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Cash basis 64 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,523 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 62 2
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 497 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 319 9
- Cash basis 721 25
- Rental income 96 2
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,940 30
- s455 Directors loan 153 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 62 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,174 8
- Non resident capital gains 77 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 412 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 339 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 532 6
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 178 2
- payroll software 507 9
- Fee base v staff ratio 596 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 303 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 111 1
- Skandia using wrong address 601
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 270
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 160
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 148
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 138
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 130