A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Director resignation 264 6
- Company asserts 118 1
- VAT on unused stock 79 1
- When to recover vat on bad debts 145 4
- Can't find a good web address 193 3
- Sage Line 50 - create custom remittance advices 193 7
- Timesheet and travel expenses software for engineering consultants 208 5
- effective advertising 274 6
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 198 8
- Software recommendations 316 2
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 169 3
- Edible spam? 807 16
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 323 5
- Put fees on website 313 6
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,581 27
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,352 4
- Sigma Red 1,438 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 350 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 125 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 207 2
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 483
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 467
- WIP Software 339
- No payroll scheme in place 293
- Is there anything wrong with this? 260
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 256
- Uncommercial property business 230
- Small Part Disposal of Property 230
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 194
- SA Penalty 187