A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 738 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,148 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 699 31
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 58 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 253 8
- recompense capital input 190 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 103 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 226 2
- CT losses carry back 93 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 547 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 161 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 766 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 418 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,276 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 142 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 184 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 230 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 992 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 214 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 258 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 798
- RTI - duplicate employee record 564
- Pensions Regulator 455
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 414
- Portia ... Where art thou 335
- Sanzar 317
- How do you do it 304
- Digital marketing focus group 300
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 274
- new investor structure 184