A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 748 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 187 7
- Related Parties Note 64 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,164 52
- what time is it ? 287 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 85 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 430 24
- VAT on disbursement 165 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 993 18
- tax credits 206 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,037 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 82 1
- LLP - Member leaving 188 6
- Year end 255 3
- Foreign income for self employed 170 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 304 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 321 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,145 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 249 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 626 21
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 907
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 526
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 335
- How to format a stock book 318
- Tax efficient holding company structure 255
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 247
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 180
- Charge out rates in London? 157