A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 197 3
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 1,963 20
- LLP members share of profits 334 17
- Accountancy software for an imac 142 3
- Value pricing 1,983 86
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 544 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 401 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 448 7
- March RTI Submission 121 1
- VT accounts licence key 535 9
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 92 1
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 82 1
- SDLT on land 89 2
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 101 1
- VAT Option to tax 245 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 96 2
- Current tax asset 128 2
- Grants 190 5
- Tricky VAT question 421 4
- Audit Required 981 20
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 876
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 613
- Free Tax Legislation? 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 353
- Director Loan account operation 351
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 311
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 298
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 281
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 271
- Paye procedures for CVA 202