A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- vat gross margins 170 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 150 4
- e mail 59 1
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 778 8
- Auto enrolment 562 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,335 6
- VAT on new build property 136 2
- Auto enrolment 289 9
- SAGE 50 2011 113 1
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 161 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,621 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,845 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 175 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 884 18
- 1st year reporting under FRS 102 - Property revaluation 249 5
- IFA giving dodgy advice? 378 9
- Recommendations for Accounting Software 274 4
- Training (again) 333 4
- Online Back Up 433 9
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 207 5
- NHS finance professionals 667
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 410
- Foreign Pension Contribution 375
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 363
- vat gross profit percentage margins 356
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 347
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 309
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 271
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 226
- IFA income recognition & reporting 211