A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 303 4
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,332 20
- Should I move back home away from my office? 484 10
- Property income in different capacities 128 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 219 6
- Contract Hire of Vans for Limited Company 78 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 419 10
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 138 1
- Scanners 185 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 142 1
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 242 3
- Payment plans for clients 159 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 240 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 283 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 396 2
- P60 or payslips? 123 1
- IHT dilemma 1,391 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 200 1
- IT advisory questions? 196 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 802 44
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,168
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 799
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 494
- Digita Hosted Software 322
- Credit where credit's due....... 280
- Director phone costs 241
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 229
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 213
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 161
- how to object to registered company name... 143