A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 134 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 118 3
- Clients 108 2
- error on companies house accounts 273 7
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,377 109
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 31 1
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 71 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 91 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 289 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 156 2
- Client's company struck off 675 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 109 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 202 3
- Newly Started Practice 341 7
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 168 4
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 156 3
- ACCA Accountants Report 153 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 213 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 107 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 174 2
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 451
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 272
- EPS and CIS deductions 265
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 218
- SAGE winforecast 185
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 171