A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Residents Association Corp Tax 201 6
- Vat threshold issues 170 4
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 288 2
- private to company car? 219 5
- Buy to let allowable interest 170 3
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 110 2
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 84 1
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 283 5
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 143 4
- Partner with an IVA 191 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 336 6
- R&D tax claim 128 1
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 606 13
- Growing pains 376 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 241 14
- Consequential loss claim 140 3
- ATT Annual Return Problems 128 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 115 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 345 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 965 34
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 458
- CTA study material 420
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 304
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 290
- Pre incorp expenses 283
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 247
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 212
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 188
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 179