A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 246 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,307 16
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 87 2
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 286 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 141 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 143 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 177 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,249 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 124 2
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 114 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 376 7
- Wear and tear allowance 451 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 198 6
- Residency test 199 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 241 3
- VAT Turnover 137 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 145 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 132 4
- Company purchase of shares 289 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 141 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 690
- Auto enrolment excuses 661
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 365
- Social investment tax relief 181
- Call Centre Data Costs 178
- Digita Hosted Software 176
- option to tax 161
- VAT on deposits 148
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 136
- Travel costs and contractors 130