A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 248 5
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 125 1
- First RTI P45 114 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 30 1
- EC VAT registration - place of supply 78 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 116 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 152 2
- Gross sales to purchases 144 1
- I know ... 1,246 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 692 18
- Tax on principal private residence 234 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 235 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 262 2
- Personal pension contributions 262 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 331 4
- RTI Filing 954 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 272 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 403 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 218 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 134 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 703
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 471
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 309
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 281
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 247
- growth voucher supplier 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 189
- VAT on Gaming Machines 171
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 159
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 156