A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Auto enrolment 160 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 108 3
- Registration as self-employed 159 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,052 15
- Corporation Tax Software 407 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 90 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 675 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 105 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 161 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 114 4
- Regular Director bonus 454 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 153 1
- BrightPay 1,098 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 545 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 370 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,126 17
- BIK for an electric car 172 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,642 90
- How do I save face? 2,411 14
- Goodie bag 3,127 72
- Possible Partnership? 698
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 539
- Fuming! 520
- New Fangled Penalties 468
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 337
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 278
- Moving away from CCH software 268
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 259
- Outsource Data Entry 259
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 208