A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 676 8
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 47 1
- deleted 368 21
- PII and previous accountant 68 3
- Use of aliases 389 14
- What's the plural? 156 4
- Client leaving and querying previous years accounts 597 25
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 75 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 68 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 86 1
- CGT on Self Build Plus Another Property 161 8
- DISCOUNTED RENT FREE PERIOD 100 1
- Sage training course 227 7
- Registering as a CIS Contractor 118 2
- Builder - Roll over relief 156 7
- HMRC online out of action? 128 3
- Hold over relief 243 2
- Benchmark scale rates for subsistance 120 1
- Overdue VAT returns 156 3
- Non-Resident with UK rental income 149 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 558
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 407
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 312
- IFA incorporation 283
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 269
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 265
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 236
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 225
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 196
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 189