A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 643 11
- Question regarding gym training 334 6
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,010 19
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 125 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 162 3
- Not a good start no broadband 402 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,184 30
- CIS Deductions 220 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 116 2
- is this fraud? 631 11
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,350 27
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 412 8
- Property initial recognition 154 2
- P11D Dispensation 234 3
- CPD 130 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 434 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 159 1
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 196 4
- Directors Subsistence 404 3
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 220 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 574
- Cancelled 340
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 327
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 248
- Probiz 229
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 171
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 170
- Car leasing scheme 163
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150