A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 186 4
- SA302 278 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 232 4
- Go Cardless 327 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 205 3
- Hmrc software 218 3
- Mehjoo 266 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 107 1
- Hosted email exchange 172 5
- South African Government Pension 180 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 165 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 283 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 309 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 244 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 149 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 285 7
- New Email Extensions 199 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 317 2
- Dental practice incorpration 156 1
- Audit rules 182 4
- Xtuple 510
- Qtac payroll for bureau 349
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 293
- Industrial & Provident Societies 284
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 226
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 174
- Domain name sale and limited company 170
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 169
- CIS schemes 162
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 143