A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,832 444
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 833 8
- capital gains on PPR 257 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 372 14
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 233 4
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 201 7
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 207 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,303 62
- Company expansion 112 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 385 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 503 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 527 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,482 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 267 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 202 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 183 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 304 9
- PRR 376 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 418 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 326 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 373
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 264
- Hands on experience of Digita 215
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 159