A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 178 2
- Goods Purchased for Rental 63 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 238 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 37 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 638 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 297 7
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 254 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 240 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 101 1
- General tax book with planning 226 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 163 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 191 1
- are receipts needed? 537 14
- Gift of property & improvements 150 3
- VAT Invoice 207 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 379 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,276 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 315 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 821 32
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 903
- International interest certificate 514
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 311
- Management expenses for investment company 270
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 178
- P11D benefit received by widow 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 146
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 145