A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 185 5
- IFA incorporation problems 126 1
- Director's loan account in credit 162 1
- Excel question - how can I easily link to a row of data with gaps between the cells? 655 23
- Excel Help - Check box and hiding cells 285 3
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,351 17
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 259 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 305 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 148 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 152 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 212 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,263 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 144 2
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 130 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 399 7
- Wear and tear allowance 470 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 203 6
- Residency test 205 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 262 3
- VAT Turnover 165 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 702
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 694
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 372
- Social investment tax relief 190
- Digita Hosted Software 181
- Call Centre Data Costs 181
- option to tax 165
- VAT on deposits 155
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 140
- Travel costs and contractors 136