A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Anybody still doing returns? 641 27
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 58 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 145 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 37 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 333 16
- Designated sole Residence 117 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 699 15
- Anyone know what this is? 185 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 872 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 474 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 251 9
- no utr 268 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,105 49
- Director drawings 598 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 283 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 81 1
- Capital Loss 115 3
- LLP formed in 2013 96 1
- Clothing 483 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 181 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 666
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 620
- Latest phishing scam 596
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 246
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194