A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 27 1
- Not renewing AAT 620 8
- Self-assessment statistics 2,417 56
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,726 51
- New dividend taxation 341 2
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 112 1
- Company car v company allowance 219 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 426 9
- Company formation and bank account 368 9
- Next Move 649 18
- Owning overseas property 306 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 281 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 227 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 689 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 643 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 244 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 417 8
- OneNote is fantastic 580 11
- VAT Direct Debit 393 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 475 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 664
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 391
- 2015 tax year end 389
- FCA regulated company in a small group 344
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 313
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 238
- DTA tie-breaker issue 209
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204