A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 72 1
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 156 4
- Late reply from HMRC 226 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 273 6
- VAT silly question 2,338 55
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,623 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,406 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,781 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 493 11
- Classic cars investment 184 5
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 198 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 226 8
- RTI - new employee 185 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 598 22
- H&W company 133 2
- BrightPay 546 14
- VAT registration 138 1
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 127 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,103 29
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 248 6
- Benchmarking 480
- Possible Partnership? 426
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 405
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 399
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 344
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 202
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 196
- Income tax on foreign dividends 181
- Clubs and Taxable Income 179
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 178