A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 546 19
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 259 5
- Losses carry forward to self employed 228 3
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 298 4
- FHL - hedge purchase 129 1
- Fees 507 6
- HMRC Post 599 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 461 8
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 451 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 298 3
- www.pool.adzio 186 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,889 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 294 3
- Transactions with directors 484 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 316 9
- Non VAT invoices 254 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,444 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 287 5
- Form 17 Download 203 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 603 28
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 770
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 421
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 304
- S222 Charge 255
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 219
- IP trans to holding company 198
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 191
- AIA 189
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 185