A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,467 5
- How much does the company pay 83 2
- Help with CGT please 90 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 124 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 307 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 324 17
- Will I need to resign? 945 11
- Cocaine anyone? 672 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 259 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 163 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 205 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 182 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 854 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 552 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 725 13
- Personal pension 456 9
- Business rates consultancy 274 4
- Wrong tax code 194 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 116 2
- Hive up 520
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 478
- corporate hierarchy 457
- Advice - 301
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 249
- WWOOFers 245
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 224
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 200
- The booking.com con 189
- Cocaine anyone? 173