A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 132 2
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 39 1
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 132 1
- Instant CPD offer 288 4
- Cash basis 520 13
- Income from rent charged to business 137 2
- payroll software 373 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 447 5
- Statutory sick pay 311 4
- Dividend in specie 371 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 223 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 179 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 148 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 277 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 296 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 175 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 392 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,859 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 339 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 262 2
- Skandia using wrong address 580
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 310
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 310
- Employee rewards 291
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 260
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 231
- Etax Australian 190
- LLP in Construction Industry 157
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 134
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 134