A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 114 1
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 82 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 343 8
- Giving advice to friends / family 116 2
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 211 5
- Ex Gratia payments 118 2
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,211 27
- Employee satisfaction surveys 81 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 2,247 17
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,355 21
- CIS and Close Company 138 3
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 302 1
- VAT Option to tax 491 17
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 201 6
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 207 7
- S162 and Capital Allowances 143 2
- Director leaving in month 1 190 2
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 313 3
- Selling assets to yourself ? 205 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 207 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 916
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 645
- Free Tax Legislation? 411
- Director Loan account operation 407
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 351
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 323
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 224
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 199
- Pension Fixed Protection 163