A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Your comments please 63 2
- Closing my business down 239 14
- CGT history of shares 24 1
- Accounting for reversed transaction 29 1
- Ordering same-day transactions 35 1
- As a soletrader taxi service, would purchasing low emissions taxi-cars qualify for AIA capital allowance? 133 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,264 37
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,485 21
- What do you all do in your spare time? 896 36
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 47 1
- VAT flat rate scheme 145 2
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 172 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 234 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 622 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 241 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 196 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 148 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 311 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 101 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,123 18
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 362
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 263
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 216
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 189