A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,624 23
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 91 6
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 77 1
- Who can I refer leads to? 242 6
- Companies House 282 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 101 2
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 99 2
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 330 9
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 109 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 211 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 665 8
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 654 14
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 141 1
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 672 7
- Can a sole trader carry back losses to reclaim some tax paid from previous years? 486 5
- SA tax assessments 169 2
- Director self assessment 407 16
- Sage Import Data 179 4
- Late payroll submission on sage 240 2
- Dividend Vouchers 290 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 432
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 290
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 243
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 218
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 212
- Slight twist on employment related securities 197
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 146
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 143