A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Company struck off 87 4
- Employment Allowance 357 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 126 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 402 8
- West Bromich Albion 319 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 340 10
- What are options for non CA firm 2,866 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 380 10
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 250 7
- Do I need a smartphone? 91 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,265 45
- 27,000 Really? 1,194 38
- Legal title not in the company name 812 23
- Opening Balances 223 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 607 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 161 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 116 1
- This is getting boring 638 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 282 7
- pension paid by company? 142 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 645
- Cancelled 398
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 344
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 290
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 260
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225