A limited company has bought some Wimbledon Debentures on the open market. and thus they cost more than their nominal value. These last for five years at the end of which the company will be entitled to buy debentures for the next five year at the nominal value.
If at some stage they do not want to continue to hold them they will be able to sell them on the open market.
VAT was charged on the purchase (I am not quite sure why) and it has been reclaimed. Is this correct?
The debentures will be written off over their remaining life. Presumably this is not allowable. And presumably when (if) the debentures are sold the base cost will be the nominal cost of those debentures that are sold rather than the original cost of the original debentures purchased.
The debentures entitle the company to a number of seats at the championship matches. These are used by the directors and staff and are given to customers etc (thus they are an entertaining cost).
What amounts should be put on the directors and staff P11Ds?
Any thoughts and experiences will be welcome!
- Holiday entitlement 561 11
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 162 4
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 400 12
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 329 7
- Spousal transfer and PPR 532 17
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 307 7
- Capital allowances on taxis 115 1
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 410 6
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 294 8
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 124 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,874 65
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 916 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 218 3
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 204 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 421 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 350 9
- Merging my businesses 178 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,742 73
- VAT on commercial property 180 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,073 49
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 787
- RTI - duplicate employee record 548
- Pensions Regulator 446
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 407
- Sage Vat return box 2 314
- Sanzar 310
- Portia ... Where art thou 295
- Digital marketing focus group 294
- How do you do it 286
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 266