Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- Company formation and bank account 252 8
- Next Move 513 13
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 138 2
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 648 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,539 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 532 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 395 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 198 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 394 8
- OneNote is fantastic 489 11
- VAT Direct Debit 359 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 442 8
- Self Assessment Software 685 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 436 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,355 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 263 11
- Owning overseas property 249 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 358 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 696 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 656
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 400
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 400
- Property letting & CAs 390
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 339
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 276
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 237
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230