Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 19 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 657 12
- Intrastat triangulation 34 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,048 21
- CGT 129 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 168 4
- Question regarding gym training 340 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 131 3
- Not a good start no broadband 407 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,188 30
- CIS Deductions 223 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 125 2
- is this fraud? 635 11
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,357 27
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 413 8
- Property initial recognition 154 2
- P11D Dispensation 235 3
- CPD 131 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 437 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 161 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 574
- Cancelled 340
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 327
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 248
- Probiz 229
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 171
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 171
- Car leasing scheme 163
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 150