Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 118 2
- Limited company purchase of property 488 3
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,001 15
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 274 17
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 253 6
- Goodwill complications 279 6
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 35 1
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 149 1
- How much of your work is admin? 704 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 222 4
- Will I need to resign? 449 7
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 325 5
- Trade creditor journal 122 2
- . 501 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 190 1
- Old CGT loss 244 4
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 485 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 412 9
- HMRC Distraint 161 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 175 2