Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- Travel costs and contractors 256 3
- vat help for catering concession 135 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 24 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 137 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 190 3
- Importers 103 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 268 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 243 4
- dfgd fget 94 1
- More AE! 220 6
- New business - journal entries 608 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 211 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 60 1
- aia 119 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 444 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 454 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 245 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 262 7
- Merger of Two companies 564 20
- Merging 516 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 990
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 743
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 248
- Social investment tax relief 243
- Call Centre Data Costs 227
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 182
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 147
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 137