Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 172 9
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 76 6
- Help with tax codes on Sage 209 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 116 6
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 80 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 706 27
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 225 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 112 4
- SA302's anyone?? 477 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,563 41
- Renting for military reasons 135 2
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 269 7
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,489 18
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,030 18
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 101 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 114 1
- do i pay vat when buying a business 493 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,976 30
- Tax status of prizes 313 17
- Clogged Losses 246 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,614
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 894
- International interest certificate 503
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 278
- Management expenses for investment company 257
- Bonus Bonds 257
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 168
- tax on apprenticeship income 163
- P11D benefit received by widow 146