Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 26 1
- Closing down loss-making company 17 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 407 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,308 38
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 916 25
- BrightPay quirks 298 3
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 88 2
- VAT disaggregation 75 1
- Appointment of director 63 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 503 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 211 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 275 3
- Mortgage Reference 615 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 341 7
- Insovent companies 916 19
- New Build 251 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,320 48
- Website Content 238 1
- Personal Tax 672 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 233 1