Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 44 1
- ICAS GPPM 77 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 115 2
- Payroll 240 7
- Buying fees 682 5
- IHT Query 441 11
- Audit and paypal balances 177 7
- Missing C79 157 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 488 16
- VAT margin scheme 272 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 306 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,731 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 133 2
- Get it off your chest 252 4
- Directors bonus 156 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 111 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 284 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 277 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 182 3
- break even point 1,122 33
- Possible Partnership? 559
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 355
- Clubs and Taxable Income 293
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 278
- Loans to other companies 221
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 213
- Outsource Data Entry 180
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 179