Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 91 2
- Outsourcing Payroll 147 2
- Little Green Man needs help HGV driver LTD company 148 1
- sage 162 4
- R&D tax credits 46 1
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 178 6
- Improvements to leasehold property and Capital Allowances 46 1
- Annual Report - How to? 382 14
- Double entry 215 5
- FBI2 211 4
- Companies House 184 3
- Interprise software 97 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 519 19
- Charity accounting 269 6
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 157 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,077 13
- Clients 935 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 304 12
- Accountants not providing all required information 306 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 315 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 546
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 471
- EPS and CIS deductions 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 312
- Construction CIS LLP Company 304
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 299
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 267
- Overdrawn director account 222
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 204