Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- Adding shop sales to sage 71 4
- What does the "K" signify 210 6
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,072 42
- Self assesment online 52 1
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 286 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 344 10
- Dividend amount for company where tax year doesnt go to 31st March 82 3
- Interest Relief 102 3
- Entrepreneurs' relief 451 1
- Amend tax return? 143 3
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 707 26
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 349 7
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 161 4
- client can't/won't pay 1,654 30
- calculate mortgage interest 391 6
- Self Assessment and P11D 220 6
- Petty cash 81 1
- HMRC SA302s 114 2
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,843 92
- self assessment repayment requesto 568 11
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 887
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 587
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 549
- Latest phishing scam 484
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 358
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 253
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 252
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 176
- Capital allowances in first basis period 161