Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 591 7
- Share issue and transfer 44 3
- Payroll got out of synch 261 9
- Stamp duty or SDLT payable on admission to a partnership? 29 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 798 17
- What do do about VAT? 122 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 557 7
- Old payroll 199 5
- HMRC Debt collectors 230 4
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 152 5
- Accounts Package 518 13
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 178 5
- Special Puprose Vehicle (SPV) company 151 4
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,292 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 992 22
- Not a question but made my day 1,030 21
- VAT Caravan Residential Letting Income 107 1
- Exempt supplies and VAT registration 193 6
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 518 6
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,974 27
- NHS finance professionals 586
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 325
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 318
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 261
- Thinning income 253
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 218
- IFA income recognition & reporting 194