Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- VAT refund 221 2
- Networking 213 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 227 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,172 32
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 270 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 62 1
- incorrect old p60 491 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 306 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 196 2
- Turnover on a tax return 386 9
- IT Contractor 264 1
- Sage instant account codes 146 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 241 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 316 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,949 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 321 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 288 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 281 3
- Missing tax return 410 4
- Inflation and fees 1,427 24