Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,263 11
- The importance of Grammar 1,326 40
- Xero Pain Points 549 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 132 2
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 201 5
- Best way to draw a salary? 700 12
- PI cover 242 4
- VAT and customer entertaining 218 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 949 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 737 26
- Profit split from an investment property 180 6
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,433 39
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 163 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 278 6
- tax saving on card points 246 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 267 9
- Scissors 895 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 442 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 464 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 271 6
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 373
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 329
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 308
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 298
- Electric Car 250
- S222 Charge 218
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 215
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 174