Working on Saturdays
Really helpful response on my client complained thread has raised some wider issues for me that I need to face. Once again helpful AW community I would appreciate your feedback/response.
Every Monday I say to myself I will take the whole weekend off. I will not work on Saturday. I end up working on Saturdays. I do not think I do any more work than people who take the weekend off. They are probably get more done. I think I am not that efficinet. One reason for this I do not yet standardised templates/procedures for dealing with the same issues.
I was the same in my full time employment.
I have now seriously just started to systemise. It is really time consuming and I know I will get the rewards later. I just received my evaluation copy the TaxCalc hub. This I am sure will be a great help.
I also just had a call from a potential client who want a meeting on a Saturday. I cannot turn new business away so I said yes of course.
Systemising I am sure will help a lot.
I need my weekends to recharge, away from work. I am not doing this. Time for me to change.
I would apprecaite any pointers on efficient working methods for an accountancy practice.
Before I get any comments about the time I spend on AW posts -Lets get this out of the way. The time I spend on posting questions on AW. It really helps with my work. On more than a few occassions it has saved me time and also it has meant I avoid making mistakes and wasting money. I just post issues as they occur rather than wait at the end of the day. Perhaps I should come to AW just once a day and post once a day?
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 198 3
- Late filing penalties refunded 159 2
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 472 13
- Gross Profit Margin- motor vehicle mechanic 142 2
- CGT on house within Limited Company 303 10
- Subsistence Claims 330 3
- India Capital Gain 162 2
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 376 7
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 227 4
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 557 12
- Care Home - Job Price 309 5
- Fee headache 514 4
- Dormant payroll 765 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 139 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 314 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,567 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 147 1
- This feels wrong.... 1,611 21
- Overlap relief 410 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 223 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 515
- Theatre Tax Relief 423
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 330
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 311
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 289
- Perkbox 239
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 226
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 221
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 200
- Document Management Systems 199