WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 104 2
- LLP members share of profits 348 18
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 205 3
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 1,969 20
- Accountancy software for an imac 147 3
- Value pricing 2,018 86
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 546 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 407 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 448 7
- March RTI Submission 126 1
- VT accounts licence key 535 9
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 82 1
- SDLT on land 93 2
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 102 1
- VAT Option to tax 245 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 98 2
- Current tax asset 132 2
- Grants 190 5
- Tricky VAT question 422 4
- Audit Required 989 20
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 877
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 613
- Free Tax Legislation? 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 353
- Director Loan account operation 351
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 311
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 298
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 281
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 271
- Paye procedures for CVA 202