WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Settlement discount 282 7
- Thin Client recomendation 258 4
- Recharge for private use of a company car 618 18
- Community awards 2014 - first category 230 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 349 18
- Payment plans for clients 301 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 138 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 494 14
- Employee steeling client data 163 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,386 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 198 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 140 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 95 1
- CT600 288 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 236 4
- signature required 926 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 222 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 354 4
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 197 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 98 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,314
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 862
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 562
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 240
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 196
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 189
- Director's business mileage 160
- Sole trader CPD 150