WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 94 2
- What does it mean?? 345 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 285 13
- VAT on motor expenses 892 32
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 66 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,705 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,303 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 101 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 140 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 164 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 196 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 160 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 744 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 389 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 210 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 332 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 115 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 395 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 95 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 327 15
- Skandia using wrong address 1,548
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 471
- NOVA 328
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 233
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 221
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Management expenses for investment company 207
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 203
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 194