WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 13 1
- Swiching tax 508 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 721 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 494 10
- SA316s 113 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 509 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 364 11
- Start-up cost recognition 90 1
- Lunches 178 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 378 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 124 3
- Generic notification message 251 6
- Property Expenses 215 7
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 814 39
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 117 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 500 13
- Accrued salary unpaid 256 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,195 18
- Basis periods 98 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 114 2
- Construction CIS LLP Company 599
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 590
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 385
- Pensions Regulator 350
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 289
- Using the correct forms 264
- SA penalty proposals 255
- RTI - duplicate employee record 251
- Accelerated payment notices 235
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 225