WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- VAT disaggregation 95 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,338 49
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 943 26
- BrightPay quirks 310 4
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 38 1
- Closing down loss-making company 43 1
- CT600 Software - anyone else having issues? 420 11
- Xerocon 2016 1,316 38
- Letter to new accountants and whether to mention criminal conviction. 125 2
- Appointment of director 77 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 513 5
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 215 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 279 3
- Mortgage Reference 619 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 343 7
- Insovent companies 917 19
- New Build 257 1
- Website Content 244 1
- Personal Tax 674 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 238 1