WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 299 9
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 170 3
- Opening Balances 232 3
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 347 11
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 268 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 129 3
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,278 46
- Company struck off 131 4
- Employment Allowance 372 6
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 425 8
- West Bromich Albion 333 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,879 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 395 10
- 27,000 Really? 1,220 38
- Legal title not in the company name 821 23
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 619 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 179 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 120 1
- This is getting boring 656 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 290 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 646
- Cancelled 400
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 297
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 200