WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Anybody still doing returns? 641 27
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 58 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 145 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 37 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 333 16
- Designated sole Residence 117 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 699 15
- Anyone know what this is? 185 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 872 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 474 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 251 9
- no utr 266 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,105 49
- Director drawings 598 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 283 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 81 1
- Capital Loss 115 3
- LLP formed in 2013 96 1
- Clothing 483 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 181 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 666
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 620
- Latest phishing scam 596
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 246
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194