WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- convert directors loan account to share capital 192 6
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 280 6
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 436 14
- P11d error 433 10
- Audit Required 149 4
- Audit Report Query 66 1
- Value pricing 304 12
- company secretarial software 168 3
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,617 13
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,793 27
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 204 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 74 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 190 1
- Rental Income 308 6
- Payroll 2012/13 118 1
- I have a pain 711 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 98 1
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 741 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 136 3
- Cash flow 153 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 736
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 502
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 352
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 343
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 266
- VAT on Gaming Machines 217
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 203
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 190
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 180
- Director Loan account operation 153