WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Off site storage 55 1
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 248 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,057 42
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 80 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 85 2
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 505 4
- Joint Property rent 144 3
- Self assesment losses 245 7
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 182 6
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 225 1
- Fee protection 856 16
- Overdrawn DLA 249 9
- Disposal of an opted property 131 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 236 5
- Irish Taxation 93 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,122 31
- CIS monthly declaration 196 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 363 4
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 133 3
- Companies House incorporation service 472 14
- Xtuple 560
- Qtac payroll for bureau 382
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 333
- Industrial & Provident Societies 322
- Domain name sale and limited company 222
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 203
- Investment 202
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 202
- Tax on damages received 173
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 159