WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 404 8
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 38 2
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 23 1
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 44 4
- Charity reserves 328 6
- Property scam victim 216 3
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 84 4
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 113 2
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 347 9
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 687 16
- Software to use 105 3
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 38 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 162 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,499 35
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 101 4
- Rental Property on Self Assessment 96 1
- Discretionary trust reporting 86 1
- Benchmark Scale Rates 71 1
- Rollover relief and private use 102 2
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 222 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,065
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 567
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 378
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 284
- Charge out rates in London? 230
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 224
- Personal consumption by landlord 197
- Interest on Loan to a Company 182
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 163
- Agent fees to sell business 151