WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- What do do about VAT? 20 1
- Old payroll 168 4
- Special Puprose Vehicle (SPV) company 131 4
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 108 4
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,205 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 956 22
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 119 4
- Not a question but made my day 991 21
- VAT Caravan Residential Letting Income 97 1
- Payroll got out of synch 230 7
- Exempt supplies and VAT registration 179 6
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 507 6
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,965 27
- Client right to working papers 1,016 6
- Accounts Package 474 12
- Annual Tax Summary 101 1
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 380 2
- HMRC Debt collectors 182 3
- VAT on property 209 2
- Popular destinations for expatriates - taxation comparison 114 2
- NHS finance professionals 582
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 360
- vat gross profit percentage margins 324
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 318
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 299
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 260
- Thinning income 252
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 215
- IFA income recognition & reporting 193