WTC and CTC - What is income?
My client is an owner manager of a close company. He has a favourable loan account balance with the company (money invested last year) and will choose to draw no salary next year - his regular income to be replaced by the loan repayment.
Does this mean that his income for tax credit purposes is nil and therefore a claim for WTC and CTC is acceptable?
I accept that there are potentially moral issues, but it seems to be a legitimate case for a claim. Afterall, true earned income is nil - the only income is a debt repayment.
All observations and comments welcomed!
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 47 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,260 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,236 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 976 29
- You know its over 376 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 508 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 247 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 197 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 181 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 290 3
- Cocaine anyone? 532 8
- Late Registration for VAT 500 13
- EIS/SEIS 158 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 285 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 435 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 434 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 735 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 569 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 602 4
- Personal pension 408 9
- Hive up 497
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 465
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 278
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 224
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 212
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 208
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 187
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 181