Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 64 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 58 1
- Overpayment relief claim 139 5
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 120 9
- Charity reserves 123 3
- Have i messed up? 626 10
- rates of pay query 193 2
- Year end 339 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 196 3
- Comments on this scenario 68 1
- Related Parties Note 411 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 84 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 118 4
- loss on carbon credits 100 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 565 9
- SAGE con 184 3
- Dazed & confused 175 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 232 2
- How to prepare and Finalize Vat company accounts 230 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,536 63
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,004
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 543
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 359
- Tax efficient holding company structure 286
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 271
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 212
- Charge out rates in London? 208
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 181
- Personal consumption by landlord 179
- Interest on Loan to a Company 172