Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Sorry ignore me 617 17
- Limited Company keeping receipts 43 1
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 188 4
- CG34 approved "without prejudice" 214 3
- Is this a scam? 302 4
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,059 16
- SAGE V12 163 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,209 21
- VAT questions 278 3
- Invoice Help 96 3
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 255 5
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 154 2
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 544 11
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 480 4
- Not ANOTHER bogus HMRC email? 241 3
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 199 4
- Interest on loans between companies 132 3
- One off meeting new client 398 5
- Corporate shareholder question 98 2
- Furniture Rental Business 245 7
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 614
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 516
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 375
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 288
- Cancelled 270
- Cancelled 234
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 179
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 176
- Probiz 157
- What's the market like for temps? 150