Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 271 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 827 20
- The importance of Grammar 897 24
- New starter - tax code 177 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 114 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,684 60
- PI cover 98 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 124 2
- HMRC site down ? 161 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 139 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 201 3
- Xero Pain Points 256 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 92 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 119 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 160 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 380 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 593 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 222
- S222 Charge 202
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174