Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 15 1
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 105 3
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 253 7
- Business lending another business money (UK) 300 8
- Family Partnership 281 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 169 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 188 6
- Business trips - director and family 414 3
- Signed accounts for bank 660 15
- flat rate scheme 2,370 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 167 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 325 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 178 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 85 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 848 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 195 5
- VAT Query on new build 122 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 113 1
- P11D Car Value 273 6
- NOVA declaration 112 1