Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- R&D tax claim 199 3
- Tax Allowance on University Course 32 1
- Gift to employee 341 9
- Transfer of a business 93 1
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 422 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,098 22
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 70 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 396 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 98 2
- Sage Import Data 287 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 235 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 75 2
- Best time software for small practice? 196 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 308 13
- private to company car? 354 9
- Which address 994 11
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 97 1
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 257 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 954 15
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 256 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 471
- CTA study material 451
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 324
- Pre incorp expenses 302
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 260
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 248
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 202
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 150
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 134
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 130