Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 518 19
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 172 9
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 570 15
- Warning of enforcement action - without any warnings 145 2
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 198 3
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,197 21
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 77 2
- business card address 971 11
- VAT on educational consultancy 71 1
- Which tax box 44 1
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 156 10
- Tax on private fuel for own car 76 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,594 8
- paragraph 2 schedule 36 finance act 2008 69 1
- would home tutoring ever have to come under PAYE? 126 5
- Supplier invoice addressed to a different company, how is this treated for VAT? 216 10
- Moneysoft payroll 303 17
- Sportman claiming for training kit 826 9
- Self Employed Hairdressers and VAT treatment 126 2
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 199 9
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,252
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 448
- National Insurance 347
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 267
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 257
- Franchise income and costs 230
- Hands on experience of Digita 180
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 170
- Employer's Helpline 136