Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Intercompany advice 189 3
- Spam blocking 655 35
- Does the AR01 reflect the actual money invested in a company 202 9
- Subject to tax and NIC? 104 3
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 285 9
- HMRC don't make it easy! 208 3
- Recouping VAT on third-party purchases 127 2
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 295 13
- Is interest still due? 220 4
- Spreadsheets - electronically owned data?? 155 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 535 2
- Ex-gratia payments 355 7
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 206 5
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 224 4
- Just for fun. 963 32
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 118 1
- Has auto-enrolment tipped the scales? 288 3
- Excel Instances 139 2
- How to pay national insurance 582 17
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,771 13
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 391
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 387
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 354
- Perkbox 320
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 320
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 278
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 274
- Document Management Systems 259
- WIP Software 244
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 186