Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 62 4
- Corrupt Excel File 649 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 312 4
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 66 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,934 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,155 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 265 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 343 7
- Personal Tax 370 10
- Xerocon 2016 913 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,593 24
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 88 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 176 4
- last minute request 420 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,225 46
- Practical experience 891 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 266 2
- Mortgage Reference 285 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 204 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 459 9