Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 336 4
- transitioning payroll 148 4
- Legal title not in the company name 161 9
- VAT - Recharge 55 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,540 59
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 148 3
- Deduction from Salary 192 5
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,739 30
- Car financed by employee 186 2
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 113 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 622 16
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 156 3
- Dividend payment date 2,190 37
- VAT online filing exemptions 160 2
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 179 2
- One off meeting new client 1,427 13
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 307 6
- Child tax credits 232 4
- Car leasing scheme 226 1
- 12 Pay Problems 190 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 360
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 303
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 267
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 220
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 197
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 169