Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- VAT - Medical Staff 157 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,112 13
- Really?! 795 10
- CIS 191 5
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,162 16
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,370 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 645 15
- VAT 701/49 query 219 2
- backpack 289 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 149 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 238 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 342 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 193 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 357 5
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 155 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 192 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 123 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 251 6
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 464 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 904 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 439
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 415
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 355
- Costly Accounting Software contract 311
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 253
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 221
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 202