Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- error on companies house accounts 599 17
- Invoice in directors name - can company claim VAT?? 150 1
- New client procedure 21 1
- Transfer of stock 129 6
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 193 7
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 722 9
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 368 12
- FBI2 115 2
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,592 116
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 1,110 9
- Tolley UK sales number 46 1
- On line Remote Training 98 2
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 379 9
- PPR election time limit - change in the number of residences 74 1
- Virtually Impossible 373 6
- Personal allowance for non-resident 98 2
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 152 2
- Brightpay 103 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 67 1
- Newly Started Practice 605 12
- QROP pension input amounts 486
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 461
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 428
- EPS and CIS deductions 281
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 274
- Construction CIS LLP Company 264
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 226
- SAGE winforecast 189
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 183
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 175