Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- IHT Query 431 10
- Audit and paypal balances 170 7
- Missing C79 150 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 483 16
- VAT margin scheme 263 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 297 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,726 17
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 95 1
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 123 2
- Get it off your chest 246 4
- Directors bonus 151 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 103 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 281 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 254 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 171 3
- break even point 1,120 33
- The return 794 27
- Sell business after leaving country 333 6
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 94 2
- Charity accounting 89 2
- Possible Partnership? 556
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 354
- Clubs and Taxable Income 292
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 273
- Loans to other companies 219
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 212
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 178
- Outsource Data Entry 176