Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 202 3
- Go Cardless 317 9
- SA302 264 5
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 175 3
- Hmrc software 211 3
- Mehjoo 264 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 103 1
- Hosted email exchange 170 5
- South African Government Pension 178 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 160 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 273 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 304 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 239 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 146 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 281 7
- New Email Extensions 190 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 311 2
- Dental practice incorpration 153 1
- Audit rules 176 4
- business entertaining deductibility 179 1
- Xtuple 508
- Qtac payroll for bureau 343
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 290
- Industrial & Provident Societies 282
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 171
- Domain name sale and limited company 167
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 161
- CIS schemes 160
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 140