Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 280 3
- A Friday Funny. 289 5
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 215 2
- Something for the weekend? 221 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 542 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,240 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,533 26
- Coming out of flat rate 149 1
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,587 27
- Accounting for display stands 218 6
- AML reporting to NCA 156 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,479 14
- vat gross profit percentage margins 413 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 303 4
- VAT training 224 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 349 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 196 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 383 9
- Companies House Search 282 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 558 14
- NHS finance professionals 703
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 401
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 381
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 333
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 299
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 273
- IFA income recognition & reporting 223
- Incorporating doctors 217