Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 342 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 122 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 108 2
- VT accounts licence key 81 3
- Other forums 137 2
- Underpaid National Insurance 113 2
- Career Advice 144 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 99 2
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,902 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 233 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 82 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 170 2
- Wrong career 215 8
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 214 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 104 3
- Agent with HMRC 280 11
- Quarterly PAYE 279 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 187 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 574 4
- Newsletter 248 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 775
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 530
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 217
- Free Tax Legislation? 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- vat return 180