Is that a Yes
I set up a DD for VAT payment in April and the first debit should have gone through on 11th May, but didn't.
An email to HMRCs VAT enquiries office required a simple "Yes" or "No" answer. No other information was necessary, no security issues were involved.
The response was:
Thank you for your email.
For security reasons we are unable to provide any information, or carry out any actions, requested by email
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact our VAT Online helpdesk on 0845 010 8500 (international callers dial 0044 2920 501 261)
Please note that we will require a Director, Partner, Sole Trader of the business, or a person authorised to act on behalf of the business (such as an agent named on a 64-8 form), to pass security before any information can be disclosed.
All calls will be recorded
VAT Online Services Helpdesk
If they can't provide any response, why offer the email facility in the first place!!
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,271 40
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 128 3
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 267 11
- VAT on motor expenses 874 31
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 144 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 174 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 149 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 730 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 379 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 193 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 315 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 97 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 383 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 87 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 316 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 392 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 126 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 93 1
- VAT Registration 454 19
- Tax Credit Overpayment 272 9
- Skandia using wrong address 1,538
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 845
- International interest certificate 464
- NOVA 323
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 222
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 214
- Bonus Bonds 203
- Management expenses for investment company 200
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 191
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 178