The Pitch: Live at Edinburgh fringe
The Scotland heat of The Pitch 2011took place on 18 August at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Five entrepreneurs pitched their ideas to a panel of judges for the chance to win £50,000 of support and advice in BusinessZone's entrepreneurial competition. The judges included:
- Carl Hopkins - "The Secret Millionaire" star and entrepreneur - Read more
- Karen Darby, social entrepreneur - Read more
- Amanda Boyle, entrepreneur and founder of Bloom VC and non exec Director at Young Enterprise Scotland
Competing for the prize were the following business people:
- Ross Dickinson, Kibosh Emergency Pipe Repair -A re-usable temporary repair device for burst pipes.
- James Varga, miiCard -A 'digital passport' for online identification.
- Louise Guinda, Safe Dreams -Producer of innovative breathable safe sleeping products for babies.
- Kim McCann, Planet Tots -Provider of environmentally friendly products, services and advice to assist child development.
- Cheryl Ryder, Dribble Delights-Range of dairy free baby and toddler food.
Visit BusinessZone's live blog to see how they fared.