RTI for the digitally excluded
The introduction of operating PAYE in real time, and the subsequent mandation of almost all PAYE interactions online by HMRC, has once again provoked debate about the problems this will cause for those who do not use a computer; the so called “digitally excluded”, explains the CIPP’s Helen Hargreaves.
If you are reading this article it is likely that you are one of the 86% of individuals in the UK who have used the internet, making you one of the “digitally included”. But that leaves 14% or around 7.1 million adults in the UK who are unable, or have chosen not, to access the web. For many, the absence of internet access will have no effect on their lives, but it’s a different story for those who run a business...
Register with AccountingWEB for free to read the rest of the article, which includes:
- The digital strategy
- HMRC’s approach
- Who are the digitally excluded?
- Assisted digital
- RTI for the digitally excluded
- What next for the digitally excluded?