RTI for practitioners: What you need to know
Final preparations for the roll-out of RTI from 6 April should be underway at this stage for accountants and their clients.
Queries and comments about the PAYE change have been flooding into Any Answers as practitioners’ attention swings from self assessment to RTI. This article summarises key points that have been raised in the past few weeks and points you at further articles, answers and resources to help your preparations. Topics covered include:
- What is RTI?
- HMRC's list of recognised software
- Business readiness checklist
- RTI timeline
- Potential troublespots - directors on low salaries, new starter process, interaction with CIS.
- Debatesabout the transition
- What’s not changing?
For more information, see:
- RTI: What you need to know
- The nuts and bolts of RTI
- Prepare your payroll team now
- CIPP guide to RTI: Your first submission
- Real Time Information checklist
- HMRC RTI homepage
- HMRC: Get ready for RTI
- HMRC FAQs
- HMRC data quality homepage
- HMRC RTI webinar