TolleyGuidance SA action pack for sole traders
To prepare for the final leg of the self assessment assault course, TolleyGuidance surveyed AccountingWEB members in December to find out which issues were causing them the most trouble. This article summarises the findings, and points readers at free resources to help overcome any last minute technical hurdles.
Various tax options available for sole traders and owner-managed businesses cropped up repeatedly in the responses, which were carried through to the Tolley Self Assessment Support centre on AccountingWEB.
Register for free with AccountingWEB to see a summary of the main issues covered, or click the links below for detailed guidance on the following topics:
- Pension contributions for sole traders
- Accounting period end planning
- Strategies for delaying income to 2013/14
- Sole trader losses - established trades
Also available for free from the TolleyGuidance Self Assessment centre
- Property income
- Entertaining and gifts
- First year allowances and annual investment allowance
- Wear and tear allowance and renewals basis