Bookkeepers and accountants: what have we got in common?
Joy Spiropoulos outlines ten ways accountants and bookkeepers can better equip themselves to look after SME clients.
As the economy heads towards recovery, its accountants and bookkeepers who should be steering the course for small businesses, argue speakers at this year’s ICB Conference.
Mark Lee talks to accounting consultant Jason Dormer about the key areas where small firms of accountants and bookkeepers consistently fail.
Accountancy and book-keeping providers could face up to a 30% fall in sales next year, according to research by industry analysts Plimsoll.
Hot Potato of 2008
After starting my bookkeeping practice 1st July I have gained an account which should turn over 500k pa which should cover a day a week including payroll.
From the observations of 25 AccountingWEB members, it's apparent that many clients struggle to pr
Payments to sub-contractors which are subject to deduction are treated as made under the new CIS scheme if paid on the 6th April or later, even if the payment relates to an earlier period.
- The top five mistakes made by small firms 22,531 9
- Qualified or Unqualified – What’s the difference? By Mark Lee. 8,413 25
- If clients are rubbish at keeping their books, what's the answer? 6,180 6
- Accountants and bookkeepers face possible 30% drop in revenue 4,682 1
- Tips for outsourcing bookkeeping resources 4,244 1