Recruitment firm Robert Half has revealed the top jobs in accountancy along with news that salaries within the profession are set to return to pre-recession levels this year.
Is Accountancy the right career? And what are the long-term career prospects in these times of uncertainty?
Everyone suffers careers' crises, even your favourite TV characters. Check out the lessons learnt from some of our favourite shows.
Accounting firms could face a retention crisis over the next 12 months as increasing numbers of staff jump ship, warns new research.
Six out of ten FTSE100 companies are now run by qualified accountants – but a gender divide persists at the top.
Accountants are working longer hours than ever before, according to new findings from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Public sector work may be drying up but jobs in the accountancy sector are on the increase, according to the latest raft of figures released this week.
Businesses are facing a skills shortage following recessionary job cuts, while the staff left behind are struggling to cope with the increased responsibilities.
The Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) appoi
The finance sector has had four consecutive quarters of improving profitability, but CFOs remain uneasy about the economic prospects for their companies over the next six months.
- Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry. 15,326 9
- Careers advice: Ten steps to getting hired 7,321
- A day in the life of... an insolvency practitioner 4,614 1
- Accountancy profession not doing enough to attract graduates 4,376 5
- Bringing sexy back to tax: ATT president Simon Braidley 4,011 7