Public sector professionals have so far enjoyed better pay and benefits and lower working hours than their private sector counterparts, but this will change in next week’s Budget, say experts.
Career opportunities in the financial services sector are looking up, with recruitment experts reporting an 82% year on year increase in new job opportunities.
Myfanwy Neville became one of the youngest partners ever at Berg Kaprow Lewis LLP Accountants in London, aged just 30 years old.
Government spending cuts could see many accountants in the firing line over the coming months.
AccountingWEB.co.uk has teamed up with its US sister site, AccountingWEB.com, to present a new series that explores the lives of members of the accounting profession.
Jim Gee, director of counter fraud services at MacIntyre Hudson gives AccountingWEB an insight into his working life.
Some sectors of the economy bounced back in Q2 and the jobs market is steadying, but salaries remain low, according to the latest figures.
This week, Karyn Jones, a partner at Kelmanson Insolvency Solutions, opens the door to her working life to AccountingWEB.
In the first of a new series, Jim Brown of BDO in Bristol shares his working life with us.
The next three months will see higher growth in the financial services sector, but 17,000 jobs will still have to go.
- Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry. 14,722 9
- Careers advice: Ten steps to getting hired 7,259
- A day in the life of... an insolvency practitioner 4,572 1
- Accountancy profession not doing enough to attract graduates 4,358 5
- Bringing sexy back to tax: ATT president Simon Braidley 3,982 7