CGT | AccountingWEB


Dear AW

I have a corporate client who I've advised for a while.   The director has asked me to look into a family matter of his, completely separate from the work I've been doing.


Parent is lower rate tax payer, son is higher rate tax payer.

Parent wants to give a property to their son.



A client sold 75% of ordinary shares in her own personal company approx. 11 months after the company commenced trading


Sorry, I'm not very familiar with Declarations of Trust.

A client is buying an investment property, which he intends to buy jointly with his wife.


Can anyone help with the following question?

Where EUR are converted to USD does this crystalise a gain or loss?

The EUR have significant Capital losses associated with them.


Blackacre Limited (BL) provides game shooting facilities (including the provision of beaters, lunches, drinks, booking of accommodation etc).


A couple in the process of getting divorced have 3 rental properties each jointly owned.  They became permenately seperated in the tax year 12-13 but are not currently divorced.  As I understand if


Do any members have any information on whether there are any CGT reliefs when selling a buy-to let domestic property, when another property is bought as replacement.


Owners of stately homes are a fairly rare breed but those that open their doors to the public will be considering whether they can benefit from a recent Court of Appeal Case.