Record numbers of builders are registering to be paid gross as delays receiving end-of-year tax refunds escalate, says Daniel Knowles of Nixon Williams.
I would be very interested to hear whether others think a cis scheme is required if someone buys a property to do up and then sell on, initially as a one off, but may lead to others if the first is
Does anyone have the experience of a Contractor failing to deduct CIS, then being investigated by HMRC?
Submitting tax forms and paying tax by the due date is important, but should minor non-compliance failures mean a construction company is forced out of business, asks Howard Royse.
I am currently a CIS sub-contractor who suffers a 20% deduction on my income.
I want to take on two sub-contractors.
do all property developers however small have to register for CIS?
Under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), contractors are required to file a monthly return to HMRC and deduct money from a subcontrator’s earnings as advance payments on their tax bill.
Why is it?
Client - whose tax is being done by someone else - has just told me he was reg as CIS contractor back in Nov.
- Rebecca Benneyworth's CIS library 19,606 1
- Travel and subsistence in the building trade. By Rebecca Benneyworth 19,250 3
- HMRC ‘dishonest agent’ letter wreaks havoc 18,535 30
- Tribunal overturns late return penalty 17,180 17
- Getting ready for the new CIS - Monthly returns. By Rebecca Benneyworth 16,594 6