Following consultation in 2014, the latest set of changes decided upon by HMRC are about to take effect, writes Howard Royse.
Would welcome your thoughts on CIS Invoice dates.
Hi, I have a company subcontractor who only just set up a payroll scheme a few months ago to pay the sole director / owner.
I have a client who received a late opportunity to take on a project where he would act as the contractor on a building site and bring in other plasterers to help him.
Wendy Bradley looks at the draft legislation affecting the construction industry scheme and finds the proposals a bit of an empty shell.
Record numbers of builders are registering to be paid gross as delays receiving end-of-year tax refunds escalate, says Daniel Knowles of Nixon Williams.
I would be very interested to hear whether others think a cis scheme is required if someone buys a property to do up and then sell on, initially as a one off, but may lead to others if the first is
Does anyone have the experience of a Contractor failing to deduct CIS, then being investigated by HMRC?
- Travel and subsistence in the building trade. By Rebecca Benneyworth 20,004 3
- Rebecca Benneyworth's CIS library 19,755 1
- HMRC ‘dishonest agent’ letter wreaks havoc 18,823 30
- Tribunal overturns late return penalty 17,541 17
- Getting ready for the new CIS - Monthly returns. By Rebecca Benneyworth 16,786 6