Hi we had a subcontractor client approach us in November last year saying he had four years tax returns outstanding and that HMRC were chasing him for some £16k in tax.
I was doing a quick review of my competition and I have stumbled upon this accounting practice.
New client registered CIS scheme over phone 2 weeks ago. We now have ref numbers and I applied for agent status a week ago when he became a client.
Does anyone have any recommendations for CIS software for currently 300 subcontractors and growing.
I have a client who needs to register as a sub-contractor.
Quick question. I work for a construction company who uses a factoring company to help with cashflow.
Hi I act as a bookkeeper for a engineering company.
We subcontracted some work out to a subcontractor who was in the process of forming his Limited Company.
The construction industry gets more than its fair share of attention from HMRC, says SJD Accountan
The total deductions were about £1000 but HMRC have said the penalties will be £1200 (£100 for 12 months).
- Rebecca Benneyworth's CIS library 19,301 1
- Travel and subsistence in the building trade. By Rebecca Benneyworth 17,912 3
- HMRC ‘dishonest agent’ letter wreaks havoc 17,858 30
- Tribunal overturns late return penalty 16,427 17
- Getting ready for the new CIS - Monthly returns. By Rebecca Benneyworth 16,246 6