The construction industry gets more than its fair share of attention from HMRC, says SJD Accountan
The total deductions were about £1000 but HMRC have said the penalties will be £1200 (£100 for 12 months).
I have been discussing CIS with a client who is looking at taking on a new sub-contractor who is 16 years old.
Hopefully one of you can advise me! This is the first time since i've come across this situation and not entirely sure how to deal with it.
A “jobbing” builder has won an appeal against penalties of £7,000 for failing to comply with Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) tax rules.
The government is consulting on the operation of the construction industry scheme (CIS).
Client used to do CIS work now PAYE but wants to do some work when he can. Not done any for a couple of years, however.
In a supply and fix contract e.g.
i have a new client and on reviewing the tax payments i see that last year he has had to pay CIS that had not been deducted as he paid the subbie gross.
I'm sorry this is probably said elsewhere but I just wanted to check this, again.
- Rebecca Benneyworth's CIS library 19,331 1
- Travel and subsistence in the building trade. By Rebecca Benneyworth 18,018 3
- HMRC ‘dishonest agent’ letter wreaks havoc 17,907 30
- Tribunal overturns late return penalty 16,506 17
- Getting ready for the new CIS - Monthly returns. By Rebecca Benneyworth 16,272 6