The late repayment of Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) refunds relating to limited company clients by HMRC remains an issue for accountants, accordi
If my client is not set up as a PAYE employer due to not paying himself a salary in year 1, how do I go about reclaiming any CIS deductions incurred throughout the year?
I noticed last quarter that client paid £600 to Mr White but didn't get an invoice. I had a nasty feeling that this was a subcontractor for whom client didn't deduct CIS payment.
Have prepared mar and apr 13 CIS returns but with the wrong figures. Can these be amended ? Are there any penalties / interest ?
we have a client who did not deduct CIS and pay it over at the appropriate time. This was voluntereed on our instruction and as aresult some £15k of tax was paid.
I have a potential new client who is coming in to see me shortly.
I have a client who repairs agricultural equipment. He operates in a partnership, and does not have any employees. He uses subcontractors when additional labour is needed.
Company A is developing a property. It is using as its main subcontractor company B. Mr X owns both companies.
A CIS contractor that i have been dealing with as a sole trader wants to set up as a limited company to avoid paying such high tax as he is self employed.
- Rebecca Benneyworth's CIS library 18,672 1
- HMRC ‘dishonest agent’ letter wreaks havoc 16,517 30
- Travel and subsistence in the building trade. By Rebecca Benneyworth 16,022 3
- Getting ready for the new CIS - Monthly returns. By Rebecca Benneyworth 15,774 6
- Employment status and CIS post-Demibourne. By Rebecca Benneyworth 15,288 9