We sent two submissions yesterday. One was a CIS return and one a P46 (car). Both are showing as still outstanding but we've had a new code for the person with the car today.
confused by travelling expenses and CIS - is there anything that says that HMRC do not permit fuel purchased for travel as an expense for the purposes of reducing the sub-contractor’s gross charge
New client has been in CIS scheme as contractor since Oct 2010 but has only been deducting tax from 3 people since then.
HMRC has capped penalties for late returns of payment information to contractors under the Construction
A new client came to see me yesterday.
He worked for a contractor for 17 weeks last year.
He raised invoices to the contractor.
Hoping someone's around at this time of night to help me...please? Various facts below:
Bloggs and co are registered under CIS scheme but mainly work for householders. They are having trouble understanding why they should deduct tax via CIS from the very occasional subcontractor.
We are all aware that tax offices across the country have a secret store room of unopened post bags, letters that go unopened - let alone unanswered for weeks.
My client always happy to be erring on the side of caution.
- Rebecca Benneyworth's CIS library 18,671 1
- HMRC ‘dishonest agent’ letter wreaks havoc 16,516 30
- Travel and subsistence in the building trade. By Rebecca Benneyworth 16,020 3
- Getting ready for the new CIS - Monthly returns. By Rebecca Benneyworth 15,773 6
- Employment status and CIS post-Demibourne. By Rebecca Benneyworth 15,287 9