New Zealand-based software house Greentree International this month ramped up its presence in the UK with a competition offering UK companies a chance to win a £150,000 business systems overhaul.
Like many Excel users, David Carter was initially repelled by the Ribbon interface in Excel 2007.
A stash of David Carter’s popular articles has been discovered in the ExcelZone archives and reunited with their sample files.
When you export data out of Sage, it includes account codes of customers and suppliers, but not their names.
Following on from his previous tutorial, David Carter now introduces two more new fields into his Sage analysis ready file – the nomina
A good way to improve your skills with a package is by working your way through a practical example on the keyboard.
In the earlier parts of this series you extracted data from Northwind's Access data by live linking it to Excel.
With the new Daybook worksheet set up via MS Query, David Carter now uses Excel pivot tables to create reports on sales by customer, by area, and by product group.
Continuing his quest to improve to sales reporting at Northwinds Traders, David Carter reviews the data we downloaded last time into Excel and from it defines a "data map" of Northwind.
Northwind Traders run all their sales orders and stock control through an ageing accounts package written in Access.
- Want to learn about Excel pivot tables? Start here. By David Carter 108,533 6
- ExcelZone's Five Minute Pivot Table Tips - Index 83,815
- Tutorial. MS Query and Sage #1 - how to setup Import External Data. By David Carter 41,718 2
- Improve your reporting skills with self-teach tutorials. 32,474
- Tutorial: Budgeting with Pivot Tables #2 - report actuals against budget 31,135 1