Northwind Traders run all their sales orders and stock control through an ageing accounts package written in Access.
In the corporate world Excel add-in reporting tools such as XLCubed and Intelligent Apps have been enormously successful.
Seven of David Carter's self-teach tutorials on Excel pivot tables are about budgets.
Continuing his series of tutorials on using pivot tables with budgets, David Carter now produces the monthly reports comparing actual to budget, Month and Year to Date.
When reporting actuals against budget, you often find that your budget categories don’t match the nominal codes in the accounts package.
Data held in row and column format like budgets is difficult to analyse in a pivot table.
“Bank reconciliation? What is a bank reconciliation?”
“What are these cheques that you have in England?”
It’s now time to get serious.
Following his first tutorial on how to set up MS Query and the Sage ODBC drivers, David Carter's second tutorial shows you how to extrac
It’s about time we looked seriously at Microsoft Query. Query is an add-in which enables you to get data out of your accounts package (Sage, Pegasus, Exchequer etc) and into Excel.
- Want to learn about Excel pivot tables? Start here. By David Carter 111,175 6
- ExcelZone's Five Minute Pivot Table Tips - Index 86,117
- Tutorial:.... Budgeting with Pivot Tables #1 [Excel 5 to 97] 70,212 2
- Tutorial. MS Query and Sage #1 - how to setup Import External Data. By David Carter 45,084 2
- Improve your reporting skills with self-teach tutorials. 34,421