The Multiple Consolidation Ranges feature allows you to pile a lot of similar worksheets on top of each other and summarise the results in a pivot table.
For anyone who is serious about analysing data and creating pivot table reports, knowing how to use Excel's VLOOKUP function is a must. David Carter explains how.
David Carter writes...... A small point, but I've just been downloading my bank statement from Lloyds into Excel and noticed that they've improved it.
In the first article we looked at the process of getting data out of Sage and into Excel via Sage's File'Send Contents To Excel f
For many companies, the key reports which managers need to run the business are about sales and gross margins by product - but, if you're like me, no one ever really trusts the gross margin figure
Reading the recent articles on management report packs, David Carter objects that most of this stuff is ancient history.
Creating List type reports is a fairly straightforward process, but producing summary reports is a minefield.
Inadequate reports have been a source of complaints ever since accounting packages were invented. Now at last a solution may be on the horizon.
In a recent discussion on improving reports from accounts packages, developer JC remarked that 'the profession could make a major contr
If a package offers an analysis-ready file it makes reporting far easier.
- Want to learn about Excel pivot tables? Start here. By David Carter 111,149 6
- ExcelZone's Five Minute Pivot Table Tips - Index 86,068
- Tutorial:.... Budgeting with Pivot Tables #1 [Excel 5 to 97] 70,196 2
- Tutorial. MS Query and Sage #1 - how to setup Import External Data. By David Carter 45,011 2
- Improve your reporting skills with self-teach tutorials. 34,409