In a recent case the tax payer, a Mr Sparrey proved he did not need to pay HMRC for an agreed tax underpayment. This was because as a PAYE liability, prima facie, the tax should have been accounte
My client has c.
Ongoing saga with the Revenue over ESC A19. It's now with the Adjudicator.
HMRC responded to lobbying from the profession and this week announced it was dropping plans to revise the extra statutory concession (ESC) that applies when the department fails to act on informat
HMRC notified employer of change of code for employee in January 2009 for 2009-10. Employer failed to operate code.
Since getting early retirement in 2005 I have received a pension from UKAEA (and their successor organisations).
Leading tax barrister and writer Keith Gordon has started an online petition to preserve Extra Statutory Concession A19 (ESC A19) as it is.
- Changes ahead for ESC A19 7,345 27
- Save ESC A19 petition launched 7,166 16
- HMRC brings ESC A19 back from the brink 7,019 6
- Underhand HMRC behaviour 6,292 30
- ESC A19 - is it worth seeking a review of my rejected appeal? 5,704 36