HMRC emerged as the Chancellor’s pet department in the Autumn Statement.
Finance Bill 2013
The 2012 Autumn Statement takes place at 12.30pm on 5 December, with Chancellor George Osborne facing low economic growth and a poor tax take.
AccountingWEB editor John Stokdyk takes a few soundings and shares his dyspeptic predictions for this week's Autumn Statement.
A government proposal to deduct income tax at source from interest on compensation payments to individuals should be introduced gradually in order to reduce disruption to businesses.
The draft Finance Bill 2013 clauses are due on 11 December 2012, a date which some commentators are now calling “legislation day” under the coalition’s announce-consult-publish-enact tax law cy
- Tax tables 2013-14 47,901 12
- Cash-based tax accounts kick off in 2013 17,570 61
- 2012 Autumn Statement/Finance Bill 2013 at-a-glance 11,074
- AIA hike hobbled by complex transition rules 10,426 12
- Finance Bill 13: Changes to RTI penalty regime 9,496 11