Post iPad, Gail Purvis found that consumer hardware took on a wild variety of hybrid variants at last week’s Las Vegas gadget fest.
Just like the January sales – which are enjoying an extra level of frenzy this year due to the VAT rate rise on the 4th – the annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas and Macworld in San Franc
As he prepares his shortlist for this year's annual gadget countdown, executive peripherals editor Nigel Harris looks back at the winners from previous years.
Maverick tax software house Forbes Computer is pressing ahead with an iPad Self Assessment tax application and plans to release it in Apple’s iTunes store before January.
Dismissed as little more than executive gadgets, tablet computers like Apple's iPad have become a convenient and practical tool for accountants, reports Bill Grabarek.
In his annual "state of the industry" address, analyst Richard Holway warned of seismic shifts that are threatening the foundations of the technology industry.
- 2007 Christmas gadget countdown - the people's choice 20,663 13
- Smartphone apps for accountants 18,986 22
- HMRC changes stance on smartphones 15,767 6
- Smartphones emerge as 2008's Gadgets of the Year 14,759 7
- Best Excel tools for the iPad 12,560 1